Options

IPv6 Question

ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone know if there is an IOS image (yet) for the 2600 series routers that will support OSPFv3?

I don't think so but could be wrong. icon_wink.gif
I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think all the images that support OSPFv3 for the 2600's require 32MB of flash, which you can run on the 2620/21 or the XM routers. If you want to try to run it on a 2610/11 you can boot from a tftp server.

You can always use the feature navigator www.cisco.com/go/fn
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A 12.3 IP Plus should do it.

The Cisco Feature Navigator still shows the 2620/2621 -- but if you don't have the flash to hold an image, you can always TFTP boot the image (and even run the XM images, just don't do it for production).

Search for IPv6 Routing: OSPF for IPv6 (OSPFav3) feature
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As always, thanks guys. Actually the current usage would be for a 2621 so I guess that it would be good to go with that. I might want to throw a 2611 into the fray later but I will deal with that then. My other routers support it with no problems.

This is in a non-production, lab environment just to experiment a bit with IPv6 along with everything else! icon_wink.gif

Thanks again
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.