*TechNotes* Network+

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    And you won't have to wait much longer, I'm still in the process of making the final touches to the UNIX/LINUX Network+ TechNotes, but I have everything else converted to PDF already, I just want to release the free version at the same time as the Special Edition TechNotes (which contains 300 practice questions) but I still need a couple of dosen questions. I planned on finishing both early this week, but I just had to take a break for a couple of days, because I just couldn't look at another Network+ topic anymore icon_wink.gif
  • ccjccj Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Linux+ is something I want to be certified in too... some reading ahead for me.
    It's actually just a smal TechNote covering these exam objectives for the Network+ exam:

3.1 Identify the basic capabilities (i.e. client support, interoperability, authentication, file and print services, application support, and security) of the following server operating systems
    - UNIX/Linux

4.4 Given specific parameters, configure a client to connect to the following servers
    - UNIX/Linux
  • jlambertjlambert Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to getting the SE PDF.
    Thanks Webc0der... I'm working on the final 10 or 15 questions, the SE PDF will be send to a couple of beta testers to be reviewed and I hope to be able to put it online (both the free and the SE PDF) early next week. It has had a little delay, but that only means more content ;)
  • wolflord97wolflord97 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everybody, this is my first post.

I just would like to thank the Webmaster for the great job you are doing for the Net+ cert. I wish I had visited this site before. I have been studing for Net+ for a while, and I am taking the exam this weekend.

The notes for Net+ in this site is the best out there!!! Keep up the great work.

Just a question. What is going to be your next project? I dont know if this question has been asked already.

Best regards,

Ching
    You're most welcome, and thank for the compliment :D
    Just a question. What is going to be your next project? I dont know if this question has been asked already.

As you can see on this list there are almost 40 TechNotes, 14 (tomorrow 15) of them are for the Network+ exam. I'm working on several TechNotes for different exams 'at the same time', on the history page you can see that. The reason I finished all the TechNotes for the Network+ exam first is because 1. it is a popular exam 2. networking is my favorite area. :)

I've hired a writer do write most of the A+ Core TechNotes, but starting next week, after I finished the Network+ PDFs, I will be going on like before: trying to add something for everyone regularly. Starting September I will be able to do this full-time in a decent office, which should have a good effect on my productivity... I wish I could write as fast as you guys can learn icon_wink.gif

I am currently working on:
    - Security+, CCNA, 70-210, 70-270, 70-215, BSCI, 70-218, 70-292 Windows 2003 TechNotes and practice exams, and I do take requests icon_wink.gif
    - adding a lot more pages for several exams, like this one: www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml

Next week I'll also continue the Windows 2003 and Linux+ question of the day. I think it's fair to say that besides the Security+ exam, I'll be focussing more on MS (Windows 2000 as well as 2003 and XP) and Cisco exams the next couple of months.

What is going to be your next exam?
    Great notes on Netware and AppleTalk. This is the only place where you actually tell us about their address scheme. I learned lotsa stuff that I did not see anywhere else.

Just a couple of very small details (typos) icon_smile.gif

At the last paragragh of the netware notes, I believe the world 'Ever' should be 'Every'.

Also in the Disaster Recovery notes. The first paragraph of the 'Backup Types' the world 'since' is written twice in the second sentence. And the second world 'off' is missing a 'f'. At the last paragraph of the notes, the second 'Hot-spare' has an = sign instead of '-'.

Great work.

Ching
    Thanks a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate it. The typos have been fixed.

Johan
    Here it is: www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/unixlinux.shtml , the TechNotes for the UNIX/LINUX exam objectives. I know it isn't much, but should be sufficient. Let me know if any of you has comments/suggestions. Be critical. icon_wink.gif

And yes, these are the final 'TechNotes' for the Network+ exam, meaning the PDFs should be online early next week :D
    Greetings Johan. I am just wondering if you will be doing something about encryption and log auditing (for all NOS) in the security area.

I was reading an article that I got earlier from TechRepublic about topics that one should study for the Net+ exam. In your tech notes it covers everything (and much more of course) but you did not go over those two topics. I am just wondering if you are thinking about adding them. I don't know if they are important for the exam though.

Best regards,

Ching
    Ops, I did not read the last line of the post b4 this one. My bad.

Ching
    The TechNotes are based on the exam objectives, and besides share permissions and the protocols I covered in the RAS and Security protocols TechNote I can't think of any objective that covers NOS specific encryption and/or log auditing.

Although I won't be adding new TechNotes before the PDFs are finished, I probably will add things once in a while, so all you're comments and suggestions are still appreciated.
  • jlambertjlambert Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    your killin' me with this waiting thing ;)
    You won't have to wait much longer, I've send the first beta of the Special Edition to the reviewers today and going to finish the Free Version tomorrow :D

Please hold any questions about the PDFs untill they're online. The download page will include a mini-FAQ to answer all probable questions.
    :D After a 'short' delay, I'm glad to announce the PDF versions of the Network+ TechNotes are now available!

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/pdf.shtml

If you have any questions check the FAQ on the same page first, if you have any remaining questions after that, contact me by PM or email.

Johan
    After some questions I received about the questions in the Special Edition TechNotes, I decided to add a demo with 10 demo questions from 10 different 'chapters'

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/TE_netplus_demoexam.pdf

Don't hesitate to ask any questions.
  • antojlantojl Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just gotta say.....THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Being that Im still looking for work out here in Jax, Fl, cant really afford to pay for to many prep sites...but I goota say for someone who doesnt ask for a penny in return....U sure are helpful....again thank you very much and keep up the good work....your work is greatly APPRECIATED. icon_eek.gif

Your pdf file kicks butt.... :D
    MY FINGERS AND EYES ARE KILLING ME....BUT I'LL NEVER PULL AWAY FROM MY PC....
  • cyborgcyborg Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Johan,

After 2 months of intense candle burning and real life practise and everything one does preparing for an exam, I'm finally ready (I think!!) to take my network+. However can't do that without your technotes (then I know I'm ready!!). But the problem is I can't seem to download the pdf. I have Reader 6 so why can't I download it?? icon_sad.gif

desperate-to-download cyborg
    That's weird icon_confused.gif I just checked it and it works fine. Nevertheless, I've send you a PM with an alternative download location, please try that one.
  • rolfesterrolfester Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If i missed passing the exam by 3 questions the first time, would you think that by studying and knowing these links you sent would be sufficient for someone to pass the test? I would also like to know some troubleshooting questions practice exams being i had a real hard time with those, if anyone knows of any.
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I asked a question earlier but, I deleted the post after I found the answer at the bottom of the technotes. I think I'll try to tackle Net+, and A+, before I move on toward my MCSA. These notes are the truth!

I found the appendix especially helpful
  • netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    the technotes are great, keep them coming.
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
    Thanks! There won't be coming any more Network+ TechNotes though... all objectives are covered, did you notice the PDF versions?
    Our Network+ TechNotes Special Edition with almost 300 practice questions is now on sale for only $7.50
    Offer ends December 31.

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/pdf.shtml
  • MercifulMerciful Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just thought I would drop a line to thank the Webmaster for all this hard work.

I've been studying for the past week or so using the Exam Cram 2 book and testing, so far so good. These Technotes are simply amazing though, really helps focus on the real subject.

Thanks!
  • brandowynbrandowyn Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The tech notes are very helpful. I just passed both my A+ exams and am starting on the Network+. Thanks
  • x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    On question 26!

26. Which of the following are true regarding 10Base2?

when I click on the "**** button" it told me the correct answer but it also told me that for 10Base5 network, MAU's are used.

I thought for sure they are only used in Token Ring networks?!?
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!
  • 4SG4SG Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This kind of confused me too when reading the Tech Notes, so I looked it up elsewhere.
    Seems MAU (aka MSAU) means Multi Station Access Unit when referring to Token Ring.
    Seems MAU stands for Medium Attachment Unit (the transceiver) when referring to Ethernet (10Base5).

4SG