Requirements for CCNP

shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was just wondering how many exams are involved to become a ccnp. Do they have options of a single test or multiple tests to achieve the cert like ccna? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/learning_certification_type_home.html

4 exams -- but there is a composite exam available that combines 2 of them.
    642-901 BSCI  Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI)
    642-812 BCMSN  Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)
    642-825 ISCW  Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks (ISCW)
    642-845 ONT  Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks (ONT)

or
    642-892 Composite   Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI)
                        Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)
    642-825 ISCW  Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks (ISCW)
    642-845 ONT  Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks (ONT)

:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    You would have never found that by typing CCNP into google and clicking the first link...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's pretty funny.

One of my favorite sites is: http://www.justf***inggoogleit.com

I send that to friends and relatives all the time when they ask for basic information.
  • determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    dynamik wrote:
    One of my favorite sites is: http://www.justf***inggoogleit.com

This is pretty funny and I actually went to it! Damn you dynamik! lol
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hey, no jumping on the new guy, you could spook him and scare him away from the TechExams.Net CCNP Forum.

Wait until he starts studying for a CCNP exam and asks a question before you start treating him like a CCNP candidate. And even then, provide the link to the Cisco Doc rather than just posting "search the Cisco Docs." That way, someone else Googling a similar question might find the post AND the link to answer here.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It was all in good fun. I do apologize if any offense was taken though.

He knows he can run Cisco circles around me. The highlight of my Cisco education this last week was figuring out how to screw all my stuff into a rack icon_lol.gif
  • shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    You would have never found that by typing CCNP into google and clicking the first link...

I sincerely apologize for inconveniencing you. Thank you kindly for your feedback. :D
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    shaun5263 wrote:
    GT-Rob wrote:

I sincerely apologize for inconveniencing you. Thank you kindly for your feedback. :D

I personally don't think you should apologize as you didn't do antyhing wrong. Some people believe that Google is the answer to everything. Sometimes, you just want a 'person' to give you a response.
  • happy420goluckyhappy420golucky Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    binarysoul wrote:
    shaun5263 wrote:
    GT-Rob wrote:

I personally don't think you should apologize as you didn't do antyhing wrong. Some people believe that Google is the answer to everything. Sometimes, you just want a 'person' to give you a response.

You also have to know how to "ask the right question" to find what you are looking for. Even on google you have to know how to structure and ask for what you are looking for. So that could be another reason why people come on this forum and simple ask such a simple question.
    Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    OK THEN, I think we get it....

I never use the "use google" response, but come on now...