Options

Exam Difficulty ?

Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I was wondering what the general consesus was regarding the level of difficulty for this exam ?

I'm sure it depends on the related IT experience one has under their belt, I myself have 5 years with two as a Net Admin. I have started to study for this exam and choosen Security + as my elective for my MCSE 2003.

Any general thoughts on the level of difficulty ?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This exam isn't easy, but with your experience and previous certs, you shouldn't have a problem. I used the Syngress book, CBT Nuggets, and Transcender, and I passed it within a month of starting my studies. If you've done 291, you can do this :D

CompTIA exams are different than the MS exams though. There are often numerous right answers, and you often need to choose the "most right" answer. Some questions had some pretty vague wording and other questions seemed pretty dated.
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Comptia tests are a different breed than what you are used to. Comptia tests cover more topics, but in most cases you do not need to know more that the premise of the objective. The M$ tests you may be used to tend to cover less area but you must know the topics inside and out. The high passing mark is the big stumbling block for most people. That, and of course.....

Access Control, Access Control, Access Control.

Best of luck to you!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.