Options

cwna questions

micheal1micheal1 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have few cwna questions which are confusing.
1) Who give persmission for ladders? FCC, local Mucipality or someone else?
2) Which frequency cover greater distance outdoor?
900, 1800, 2.4 or 5.8 I think it is 2.4 not sure
3) Which protols does not support wireless?
Netbuie, DEC

Any help will be appriciated
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    micheal1 wrote:
    Netbuie, DEC

Thanks in advance
    The "distance" a signal can cover depends not only on the frequency, but also the type and height of the antenna, the power of the transmitter, and the environmental conditions in which the transmission is occuring. Only looking at frequency as a determination of maximal distance is misleading.

Does TCP/IP support wireless within its design? Nope, it doesn't need to, yet it's the most popular networking protocol for WLANs. Networking procotols (i.e., layers 3-7) do not need to know the type of transmission media (e.g., copper, fiber, water, air, etc.) or the lower-level protocols that are used to transport them. Any non-routable protocols, like NetBEUI, LAT, or DLC, would not be very useful on anything but a small WLAN (e.g., a SOHO implementation).
  • Options
    pmalaisepmalaise Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Netbuie, DEC

Thanks in advance

Some good questions...

1) Depends what you mean by "permission"? What you have to keep in mind is that OSHA has regulations reguarding ladders, and if possible get people who are familiar with the regulations to do really high work on ladders.

2) Here's what's important to remember reguarding distance: a) Dynamic Rate Shifting (DRS) will slow down the connection automatically as distance increases. b) The Freznel Zone increases in size with distance. c) Over 7 miles you need to consider Earth Bulge. d) Refraction can be an issues as distance increases. e) Also know the difference between point-to-multipoint and point-to-point networks.

3) As JDMurray said, layers 3-7 are all supported with WLAN's. That might be a key point to remember for the test!!!!

Good Luck

Patrick