Options

How many women do you have in your IT department?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I work for Nationwide... On our state-wide IT team we have 3 men and 2 women...

We are a pretty diverse company. Its nice having a mixed team
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    binarysoul wrote:
    Pash wrote:
    We have 6 ladies, 4 of them are engineers and one of them is MCSE 2003 and pretty good with most things windows. I dont like to point out differences because I could be viewed as being sexist...........................but the girls help a lot with their organisation/tidying and labeling! :)

So I take that as they aren't a big help on the technical side :)

actually far from it, im not gonna say some of the girls are less technically minded but they blow the blokes over with their organisation......this is probably worth more than technical skills alone for 90% of IT projects. example....Pash walks into customer site on my weekly support rotation, a girly was there the week before, everything is post it noted, tidyed and labled and I know where everything is.....I can complete my work perfectly fine and no need to search about..........Pash leaves the office 2 weeks later everything is a mess and nothing labeled :D

Im all for ladies in IT.......ohh and they remind us we should eat salad for lunch and wear after shave more :D
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Pash wrote:
    im not gonna say some of the girls are less technically minded but they blow the blokes over

I think the word you were looking for was bowl not eh your other word icon_lol.gif