Study Material...can I get buy with bare minimum?

I work with Windows XP everyday so I want to know what is necessary to pass the exam..

I'm thinking if I use techexams.net technotes I will be ok along with...

I also checked out
Peter Nortons Windows XP at the Library for help studying.

I don't want to purchase anymore books if unnecessary....I already own the MSPress Kit for MCSE(290,291,293,294)....

Thank you for help

:D
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Because MS is offering a free retake of the exam if you fail then it could be cost effective to just try out the exam, and if you fail then buy the mspress 270 book.

It all depends on how much time you are willing to spend and how confident you feel in the topics covered on the 70-270 (try out free practice exams). You could lose money, you could lose time, and/or you could lose your free retake... It is your choice.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used XP on a daily basis, and I was really surprised at the amount of new material I learned while studying for this certification. The various deployment options was the bulk of this material since I had only performed installations off the CD in the past.

If you work with XP in a corporate environment and have done tasks like that, you're probably pretty well prepared. If you're just an experienced end-user, you will likely have some gaps in your knowledge. Run through some practice tests and see how you do.
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    What FREE practice tests do you recommend???

I plan on using technotes and Peter Norton Windows XP book.
    They also have Windows XP Inside Out at the library.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Im afraid using XP every day and actually knowing XP are two different things.

I have lost count on the 'Failed' posts by people who thought they were the same.

Read the press book and take the supplied practice exams and see how you do.

Without knowing 'how' you use XP each day I cannot comment fully just dont want you to find out the hard way!!

Good luck!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I assume you've already done this: http://techexams.net/msexam/start.php?exam=702701 icon_wink.gif

The MS Press book is pretty good. You might want to consider picking that up. It might be difficult to justify spending the money, but it's worse to throw it away on a failed test.

Transcender practice exams are good, but they're kind of pricey.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can visit all the practice test sites and look for free 5 question practice test try outs. They give you a chance to try like 5 questions until you have to pay for their service.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • mattd75mattd75 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    Because MS is offering a free retake of the exam if you fail then it could be cost effective to just try out the exam, and if you fail then buy the mspress 270 book.

Wow! How long does this offer run?? I may just take it next week, if I can take it again for free!
  • NecromansusNecromansus Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mattd75 wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

Wow! How long does this offer run?? I may just take it next week, if I can take it again for free!

end of Jan 2008