Options

Discontinued MCP Lapel, or not? **UPDATED** Which kit ...

lucjac11lucjac11 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was browsing another board when I saw somebody post the welcome kit.

This is what it said:

Posted on: October 30, 2007

Just wanna share that I passed the Microsoft Certified Professional examination. Here's the picture of my MCP Identification Card (ID), MCP pin and certificate that I got in the mail today.

730flgo.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was only a month ago and he got a lapel pin, along with the new certificate and new wallet card.

I thought they discontinued the lapel pin about a year ago. Anybody know what's going on with the new kits?

Comments

• Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    everyone's been saying, with MS quoted, as discontinuing the pin.

I for one wish they (and comptia) would make some kind of cert WORTH hanging up. It looks like a 4th grader made them.

I bet that was made on an old mainframe computer with only a text editor and dot matrix printer from the 60's.

grats btw.
  • Options
    KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, do you know how long do I have to wait for my Welcome Kit and the Microsoft mail with my MCP ID? Is there a standard period of time or it depends on where I live? Do I receive something for every exam I pass or only the first time?

Thanks on advance.
  • Options
    Krank wrote:
    Hey guys, do you know how long do I have to wait for my Welcome Kit and the Microsoft mail with my MCP ID? Is there a standard period of time or it depends on where I live? Do I receive something for every exam I pass or only the first time?

Thanks on advance.

After reading a couple boards, I decided not to wait for the email (which still haven't came).

I passed my test on Thursday last week. I called Microsoft Service Centers (800-636-7544 North America Region) on Friday (day after the test) and they told me that they don't have my information yet, call back in 7 business days. So I called today (didn't feel like waiting 7 business days like they said) and they gave me my MCP ID and access code over the phone. All I had to give them was my registration number off my score sheet.

But, as of now, you can't order welcome kits or download certificates. Their MCP member site is under maintenance and a lot of things wont work until December 7.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Krank wrote:

Thanks on advance.

I think it's something like 4-6 weeks after you contact them. I waited about two months before calling them to see what the deal was. Like most others have noted, the contents are disappointing.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lucjac11 wrote:
    I was browsing another board when I saw somebody post the welcome kit.

This is what it said:

Posted on: October 30, 2007

Just wanna share that I passed the Microsoft Certified Professional examination. Here's the picture of my MCP Identification Card (ID), MCP pin and certificate that I got in the mail today.

730flgo.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was only a month ago and he got a lapel pin, along with the new certificate and new wallet card.

I thought they discontinued the lapel pin about a year ago. Anybody know what's going on with the new kits?

That looks like an old style certificate and card. Maybe they are trying to use up their stock.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    ajs1976 wrote:
    That looks like an old style certificate and card. Maybe they are trying to use up their stock.

so what do the new ones (certificate and card) look like?
  • Options
    Quick question ......

I received my kit today and it looks like this (minus the lapel):

72acoi0.jpg

I thought the new kits look like this (minus the lapel):

730flgo.jpg

For anyone that has got their kit in the last month or so, which one did you get?

The "blue" one or the "multi-color" one ???
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe the current welcome kits for the old generation certs are the white and blue ones and the former welcome kits are the multicolored ones you have a pic of at the bottom of your post.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Yeah...when I received my MCSE Cert in the mail last month, I did not receive a lapel pin.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)