Options

Viewing users and computers logged in a Domain

rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
Hi all,

today, I was testing my skills and in a moment, due to a strange error in the process of authentication in a client, I was in the need to know what users and computers was actually logged on the Domain Controller and I was unable to do that. icon_eek.gif

This was a task that seemed to me very simple, therefore I am pretty surprised for my lacking knowledge, but I can't try to view that information.

Any suggestion?

Thank You.
Pork 3
Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/ArticleID/14441/14441.html?Ad=1 (you might need to skip past the ad).
    A. Use the net sessions command, however this will only work if you are an Administrator. You can also use control panel and choose server.

The resource kit utility, Net Watch, can also show current logged on users that are connected to the Netlogon share if you connect to the domain controller, however these connects terminate after a finite amount of time so will not necessarily show all users.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    You could also open Computer Management (connect to the computer if necessary), go to System Tools, then Shared Folders and click on Sessions. This will tell you which computer or user has an active session with the server. The Open Files option under Shared Folders will tell you what files they have open if you're curious.
  • Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    I needed to do the same thing a while back for a client. They are running SBS2003, so I used ISA to list all the clients who were connected with the ISA firewall client.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Claymoore wrote:
    You could also open Computer Management (connect to the computer if necessary), go to System Tools, then Shared Folders and click on Sessions. This will tell you which computer or user has an active session with the server. The Open Files option under Shared Folders will tell you what files they have open if you're curious.

thats how I normally do that, but the 'net sessions' command is pretty quick and handy as well!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security