Test lab SUS VMWare 707 Updates

FishoilFishoil Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi techexamsers

I have been lurking in background for some time. Now as I have a question.
I have a testlab were I have bee trying to set up SUS

after getting passed this error from sus:
You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server.

which is now solved icon_redface.gif

Anyway

I would like to see sus working but I have to download 707 updates is there any way to pick 10 or 20 updates?
Downloading package 5 of 707 (0 KB / 3 MB) 0% complete
icon_confused.gif

Thanks
I'm trying, Just take me a bit longer

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can limit the updates to just one language, that helps.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • FishoilFishoil Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bump As still having problems

I have been following the CBT Nuggets video on SUS. My SUS server is up to date and have approved the updates. But my Client still don't show any site of updates !!

I gone over the Group polices 20+ time watch the video to the letter but still no updates on client.

At home I'm using VMWare I did think it may have been the way I setup network so tried at College I'm using three stand alone pc's

Anyone try the CBT Video and ran into this problem & solved this ?

Thanks
  • FishoilFishoil Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Fishoil wrote:
    Bump As still having problems

I have been following the CBT Nuggets video on SUS. My SUS server is up to date and have approved the updates. But my Client still don't show any site of updates !!

I gone over the Group polices 20+ time watch the video to the letter but still no updates on client.

At home I'm using VMWare I did think it may have been the way I setup network so tried at College I'm using three stand alone pc's

Anyone try the CBT Video and ran into this problem & solved this ?

Thanks

Edit:

Is working now, I left it running over night at home. I did think the policy's made the client look for updates in a one hour time frame !!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Group policy takes 90 minutes to apply with a 30 minute offset. So 90-120 minutes. You can speed up this process by doing a gpupdate /force on the client to force a group policy update.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks