Options

640-821 and ICND1 differneces

dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
Hi everyone, First of all I wish you all a happy festive season!

May someone be so kind as to illuminate me regarding the differences between the old Intro exams and the new one. I know the old one has retired but as a academy student I have a code that enables me to sit for the old one. Thing is I was planning to sit for the 802 exams. Are the major differences in the exam present on the ICND1 or ICND2 exams and if on th ICND1 exam which topics should I study.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-821.html

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-822.html

A quick comparison of the 2 exam blueprints shows the addition of Security & Wireless topics that your Semester 1 & 2 may not have prepared you for.

Also the ICND1 seems to stress more hands on knowledge then the old INTRO, and stuff that may have been covered in the old ICND exam (and Semester 3 & 4) seems to have migrated down to the the ICND1 exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikej412 wrote:
    Also the ICND1 seems to stress more hands on knowledge then the old INTRO, and stuff that may have been covered in the old ICND exam (and Semester 3 & 4) seems to have migrated down to the the ICND1 exam.

That seems to be the case. I read the old intro book, but I never took the test or really studied afterwards. I'm a few chapters into the new one, and they say that they actually want CCENTs to be able to perform entry-level tasks. The old intro seemed to just be preparation for ICND.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think the goal was to even out the content in the 2 exams, ICND was more difficult than the INTRO exam. Strictly from a sales standpoint, it was difficult to get people to take the old INTRO course because there wasn't much to it beyond what netwrok+ offered.
    The only easy day was yesterday!