I passed... not sure what to do next?

cnacciocnaccio Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the exam today and barely passed (591) which I assume comes down to about 3 questions. Either way this exam was fairly difficult, I felt totally ready when I went in to take the exam. I used the Exam passport from Michael Myers, and right before leaving to take the exam I used the practice tests on this site.

I'm a little confused on which cert I should go for next. The tech company i currently work for supports mainly microsoft networks therefore the MCSA would help most with my job, but i'm more concerned with the long term. I'm thinking maybe the CCNA will be better for me long term. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    cnaccio wrote:
    I took the exam today and barely passed (591) which I assume comes down to about 3 questions. Either way this exam was fairly difficult, I felt totally ready when I went in to take the exam. I used the Exam passport from Michael Myers, and right before leaving to take the exam I used the practice tests on this site.
    alot of that going around.

I guess your situation really depends on your current employer, and their situation, and whether or not you want to stay there. What do they need from you? What would move you up?

I'm in the same boat and I'm going to try the MCSA route.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.

As far as the career....you'll want to pick the path that most interests you and plays to your strengths. If you are staying with your current employer for any lenght of time, sounds like you'll want to look more at the MS exams.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • 147147 Member Posts: 117
    First, congratulations on passing- great job!

Second, don't get too down on the score- you still passed, and that's all you have to tell your employer!

Last, I agree with the moderator- you should definately take a career path that you find interesting, rather than what will help you directly in your current job (unless that interests you).

I had the opportunity to proceed with IT work 10 years ago when I entered the real world, but I chose to proceed in the business I worked in at that time. I've done very well in it, but now I find that it might well be impossible for me to change careers into IT (where I really want to be) and still support my family properly. Plan out your steps carefully!
    Fear is the absence of Faith.