Any Good Media Study Guides?

ZaeZae Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anybody know of any good places where I can check out cable lengths, (twisted pair, fiber, coaxial) etc..

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Zae wrote:
    Does anybody know of any good places where I can check out cable lengths, (twisted pair, fiber, coaxial) etc..

What resources are you using?

Meyers and Sybex books cover this material. Also our PDF has it too!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    The only thing you need to watch out for is the inconsistency of some different study materials (all reputable). One might tell you one thing while another will say something complete different, I noticed this mainly with cable specs. Not too sure how to get around that.
  • 147147 Member Posts: 117
    I used the Sybex book and the TechExams pdf and I passed the first time. Both of these resources covered the material very well. In fact, the Sybex book has a very well organized table that lists all of the cable lengths, specs, and applications very clearly.

Also, I bought my test voucher from totalsem.com (Meyers site) and it included 10x100 question practice exams. Some of the questions were outdated, but most of it was relevant. I credit those practice exams for at least making me go back and study the areas I wasn't aware that I had problems on.

Hope this helps!
    Fear is the absence of Faith.