Options

The Biggest challange in IT....

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
....Convincing the better half to allow "All those cables, wires and boxs" icon_lol.gif

How do you all deal with this and convince them the 24" Screen is an essential?

Just wondering what stories, excuses people have come up with.

Im concidering putting the new Wireless router under the floorboards icon_eek.gif
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I buy her one of whatever I get. "Look babe, we got new computers today!"

That's not a joke either.
  • Options
    empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    being new and everybody thinks you don't know anything because your not familure with the technology or IT nerds out to prove how smart they are, becuase of the failures in the rest of there life icon_evil.gif
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    I just buy it... LoL.

I do a bunch of spreadsheet work and not having a widescreen would kill me.

I have a 24" and I want a 32" already.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Well my wife doesn't mind. If I tell her I need it for study or work she is all for it. I guess I'm just lucky to have a supportive wife!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just set aside a area of your property dedicated to you get a desk or two hook up a couple of pc's and a Nintendo wii or whatever takes your fancy.

And whenever the other half is working late or is glued to the tv watching her soaps or some crap that doesn't interest you then this is your escape!
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    She gets put in her place and told what the score is! (dont tell her i said that - she'll kill me hahaha) besides - she gets her shoes, i get my toys icon_lol.gif

all joking aside, she's v understanding and used to it now as im still going through my PT degree, i dont know many women who would put up with it to be honest and just for the record - NO i do not have stacks of cash in a large bank vault or under the bed :D......Now back to playing COD4 on my 360 icon_cool.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Im concidering putting the new Wireless router under the floorboards

Surely there is an easier place to put it, like at the back of a cupboard, or even ontop of your cupboard

If you ever have to do a hard reset and youve just had a new laminate floor put down, imagine the trouble icon_eek.gif

Lee H
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    For me the biggest challenge it taking a break and being able to enjoy it... I feel like I have to keep going all the time...

Kind of an obsession.

I guess there is worse things.

Well the second biggest challenge it trying to find a place to put the never ending stash of gear...
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    liven wrote:
    Well the second biggest challenge it trying to find a place to put the never ending stash of gear...

And you never want to throw anything out because you know as soon as you do, that obscure, antiquated cable or device will be needed immediately.