using Measureup, transender etc

wideboy_westwideboy_west Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Measureup, transender etc Using these guides
seems like a good idea. But which one is best?

Also on ebay I see Q&A and real exam
simulators. Are these brain ****?

I do not want brain **** just some good guides to supplement my 536 learning.

I am doing 536 even though I am not a .NET programmer, but I
do understand OOP

Thanks in advance

wideboy icon_lol.gif

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I honestly haven't looked at any of the MCTS exam prep packages. I was thinking of trying the PrepLogic products for training, but I've not yet considered any practice tests.

If the products offered on eBay are not from a reputable practice test vendor (e.g., Trancender, TestOut, PrepLogic, etc.) they are likely **** or ****-a-likes (not real exam questions, but sold as such). They are a waste of time and money, and your credit card number will likely end up in some place like China or Pakistan.
    I am doing 536 even though I am not a .NET programmer, but I
    do understand OOP
    Well, you are going to be in for a surprise. There is nothing about OOA/OOP on the MCTS exams for .NET. Instead, the exam tests for how well you know the .NET Framework and the language you choose for the exam. You will need to understand OOP, of course, but that knowledge alone will not allow you to pass. Make sure that you understand all of the 70-536 objectives and have some .NET programming under your belt before you attempt the exam. Also, this posting is very useful for finding all of the relevant information in the MSDN.
  • wideboy_westwideboy_west Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks very much for the links, they will be great help.

Cheers
  • hi_its_ashuhi_its_ashu Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I you want to learn .Net, finish off 70-536 book with all lab section and also complete the Case scenarios.

Cheers,
    Ashutosh