Options

Time for Battle UPDATE Passed 880!!!

Sanger80Sanger80 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok, I am going in tomorrow for (hopefully) my final battle with the beast. I failed twice already, both times with a 678. I have spent the last month studying every day. I know how to subnet in my head, I know when to implement every kind of DNS zone, I know DHCP left and right, I know how to configure RRAS, I know all the authentication protocols and what they do and when to use what, I know IPSec, I know all the command line tools, I know all the graphic tools. I have read the Exam Cram book, the Sybex book and the MS Press Second edition book cover to cover and I set up an environment and did all the labs. I really feel confident about passing the test.........

but I am still nervous as heck. Is there anything else I should study today that will increase my chances?

Comments

• Options
    jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    Don't worry, don't be nervous! You are gonna beat the beast!
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • Options
    KomkommerKomkommer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Give your wife/girlfriend some attention and you'll be rewarded. Seriously, try to relax.
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Transcenders were a great way to tell if I was ready for the exam - if you have time, give them a shot.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SLAY THE BEAST!!!

Goodluck, you have now gained the knowledge the defeat this so called beast!!!
  • Options
    JdotQ wrote:
    Transcenders were a great way to tell if I was ready for the exam - if you have time, give them a shot.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I have taken the transcenders and on all 4 practice tests I missed 1 but no more than 2 questions.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sounds like you are well versed enough. The Beast is going DOWN!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    rhelt100rhelt100 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't have a chance in hell!!...

of failing after all that study time! Go get it!
  • Options
    I passed. OMG, what a load off my shoulders. I really gotta thank all the people on these forums for the moral and technical support. It really helped me along. I really feel good about this test and honest about working so hard to REALLY know the subject matter.

Without stepping out of the legal boundaries of the non disclosure agreement I just want to say one thing: study everything that you expect as well as IIS. I had DNS, WSUS, IPSec, RRAS and IIS questions. Anything to do with WSUS and GPOs I can do sleepwalking, but DNS, RRAS and IPSec are things I have done once, then they just work and there really isn't much more to do. Preparing for my test has really sharpened my skills and has made me that much better in this line of work. My advice for folks studying for this test: read through the MS Press Book, set up a labs and really prepare like you are going to show up at a client's site tomorrow and perform the work. Wow, I feel so good right now!

Justin
  • Options
    hannoshannos Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats are in order.

I've failed it once so far, next attempt is wednesday. I do NOT plan on failing it again.
  • Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    great news! Congrats man!!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are there any RRAS labs on the 291?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sanger80 wrote:
    Without stepping out of the legal boundaries of the non disclosure agreement I just want to say one thing: study everything that you expect as well as IIS. I had DNS, WSUS, IPSec, RRAS and IIS questions.
    Good advice, all these are subjects listed on the MS Skills being measured chart.

Sanger80 wrote:
    My advice for folks studying for this test: read through the MS Press Book, set up a labs and really prepare like you are going to show up at a client's site tomorrow and perform the work.
    Also an excellent piece of advice. Congrats on your well deserved pass. icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    Are there any RRAS labs on the 291?

There are both labs in the book which you can do, and you might encounter a simulation on the exam. Know RRAS like you are going to implement it for a client, and the client is going to be looking over your shoulder as you do so.
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif Great score!

Lots of people are killing the beast lately!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JdotQ wrote:
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif Great score!

Lots of people are killing the beast lately!

congrats sanger!!! I also hope to be on that list of beast-killers soon!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security