Options

Few questions on Network+

philtomophiltomo Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a few questions that i would be gratefull if someone could answer

1. Are the technotes on here for the 2007 exam?
2. Which are the best practice questions to go for? Trancender?, measure up? or other?
3. for the network+ exam what mark should you be getting on the practice q`s before you fell comfortable, have tried ones on here, Mcmcse, proprofs and been getting in the 70/80s (this is before i have been doing any hard study).

cheers

phil

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    philtomo wrote:
    2. Which are the best practice questions to go for? Trancender?, measure up? or other?
    3. for the network+ exam what mark should you be getting on the practice q`s before you fell comfortable, have tried ones on here, Mcmcse, proprofs and been getting in the 70/80s (this is before i have been doing any hard study)

Transcender makes good practice tests. They've been consistently good for Cisco, MS, and CompTIA. I personally set my bar at 90%.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Looks like the technotes were updated in May 2007 and they do carry the the current exam number. So I believe them to be up to date.

I found the best "practice questions" to be the ones that made me think of what I hadn't already. The ExamCram books I suppose were good and everyone loves transcender if you can afford it.

The general rule is you should be in the low 90%s on exams you have never seen before before attempting the real thing. if you have done the test before, you shoud be getting a solid 100%..

What materials do you already have?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    philtomo wrote:
    1. Are the technotes on here for the 2007 exam?

phil

The Technotes are for the current set of objectives. The year of the exam (if you search you'll see several threads already discussing this), only denotes the year the exam was taken...has nothing to do with the set of objectives.

N10-003 is the current objective set from CompTIA. Soon those taking/registering for the exam may see the '2008' exam, but that is only stating the year nothing about the objectives being different.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    You might want to see my post a few down:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29410

Many of the N+ test questions I had were not close to anything I studied. I knew 2 reference books, 2 study questions books, their related computer tests, the information here in the technotes and practice exams...i knew it probably over 90%, and barely passed. I think I just got one of "those" tests.
  • Options
    philtphilt Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote:

What materials do you already have?

i have downloaded the technotes (very good), and thats it at the mo, dont plan to sit the exam until feb, so will be buying a book (maybe) and defo getting some kind of good exams (by paying because the free ones that are around are good, but not as close to the real thing, IMO)

been getting 70% upwards on the free practice exams, my only worry is that, as you all know, you get used to the questions and answers, and it kind of gives you a false sense of security

am studying this to get the elective part of the MCSA (already have A+)

really dont want to fail this exam, seeing as its guna cost £130-160 per exam

cheers
  • Options
    iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
    3. for the network+ exam what mark should you be getting on the practice q`s before you fell comfortable, have tried ones on here, Mcmcse, proprofs and been getting in the 70/80s (this is before i have been doing any hard study).

100% on everything, the test pool is so random it's hard to leave anything to chance. If you end up getting hammered with Novell and Unix questions, (which is what happend to me) you'll need to be able to push through it to pass. Not trying to freak you out but just study hard for a month use 2 books Mike Meyers has a decent one and dig around google for N+ practice tests and the ones on this site to get a feel for the questions. Most of them are relative to the actual exam so it should be decent practice.

Good luck.
  • Options
    147147 Member Posts: 117
    Philt,

In my opinion, I would definately plan on getting a book to study in addition to the tech notes. The Net+ exam isn't impossible, but it isn't easy, either. The TechNotes seem to be a very good supplement to review the material you should already know. They are very concise, however, and leave out a lot of the detail information you'll need to pass the exam. I used the Sybex book plus the technotes and I passed the first time. If you're not taking it until Feb, you should pick up the book on Amazon (used to save money) and cover the material in depth.

Also, the only practice exams I used were the ones that came with my voucher from totalsem.com (I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record on this subject).

Good luck on your exam!
    Fear is the absence of Faith.