Options

Can We Still Take The Intro Exam?

mileage1969mileage1969 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was all prepared to take the Intro exam having completed the first two semesters on the Cisco Net. Academy Course but missed the November 6 deadline, so I started to prepare for the the new CCENT exam and my instructor told me that I can still take the CCNA Intro exam up until 2009. I'm confused. On another point, does anyone know if it's true that you cannot retake an exam for six months if you fail it?
Save Water - Drink BEER!

Comments

• Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I was all prepared to take the Intro exam having completed the first two semesters on the Cisco Net. Academy Course but missed the November 6 deadline, so I started to prepare for the the new CCENT exam and my instructor told me that I can still take the CCNA Intro exam up until 2009. I'm confused. On another point, does anyone know if it's true that you cannot retake an exam for six months if you fail it?

Netacad students should be able to still take it, talk to your instructor about how to register. I also do not believe you have to wait 6 months to retake. It is likely 24-48 hours like other tests.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Your Academy can give you the voucher code, or whatever they call it, that will let you call Vue and setup an appointment to take the old exams.

From the Cisco Certification Exam Policies web page
    Retaking Exams
         * Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of five (5) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam.
        * Once passed, a candidate must wait a minimum of 180 days before taking the same exam with an identical exam number.

:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mileage1969mileage1969 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks very much for the info. The thought of having to wait for six months to retake was really putting me off taking the exam. I've done all the work but somehow you feel that you're never going to be quite prepared enough for it.
    Save Water - Drink BEER!