Options

Which is better between CCVP and IP telephony testing

pankajsdhanorepankajsdhanore Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am little bit confused between CCVP and IP telephony telecomm testing. I am not able to decide whether I should do CCVP or IP telephony telecomm testing. Which one is having better future. So please if anyone is having idea about both this field, clear my confusion. I have done CCNA. Also I have little knowledge of IP telephony.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can check the Cisco CCVP Certification page for an idea about the CCVP
    Earning a CCVP certification validates a robust set of skills in implementing, operating, configuring, and troubleshooting a converged IP network. The certification content focuses on Cisco Systems CallManager, quality of service (QoS), gateways, gatekeepers, IP phones, voice applications, and utilities on Cisco routers and Cisco Catalyst switches.

You can check out the individual exams from that page to get an idea about what you learn studying for those 5 exams.

I have no idea what you mean by "IP telephony telecomm testing" -- is that one of the other Vendor's Certifications, or a Trade Group thing, or some program offered at a local school or training center?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    IP telephony telecomm testing is not any different vendors certification. I mean to say that it is a one kind of job profile available in india. In this job profile I will test the IP telephony protocols such as SIP, RTP, MGCP, SS7. In this kind of job profiles I dont require to impliment any ip telephony network or troubleshooting kind of thing. Just I need to understand the concept VOIP and related RFCs and whether the devices are working according to that standards.

I already seen the content of all five papers of CCVP. There I will learn only implimentation, configuration and troubleshooting.

So please suggest me which one will be better.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Its hard to say without more information about that job profile.

If you were doing quality control for an IP Phone design team and their software -- that would be good experience for the future and useful if you decided to get the CCVP later and implement and troubleshoot VoIP Networks.

If you were doing quality control on an assembly line for the production of IP Phones -- that would be bad.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Its one kind of quality control itself. Means developers will develop a protocol stack for the telecomm protocols and tester will test that.