Options

Grrrr.. Prometric SUCKS.

johnw02johnw02 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
I spent over an hour on the phone yesterday with Prometric trying to schedule the 072-621 academic exam. They kept telling me that the exam does not exist. I told them to search for 070-621, and they said it doesnt exist either. The only thing they said was "Well, I do see a 071-621, so maybe this is a beta exam". I know it's no longer a beta exam, because I went live quite awhile ago. icon_sad.gif

This really sucks, because my employer wants me to upgrade my MCDST, and because I'm a student, I can get the academic discount. Thanks to Prometric, I'm left in the dark.

What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    Get an email response from them and forward it to M$ representatives.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why are you registering for an exam over the phone? Just register on prometric.com...it is a simple 5 minute task, and sure enough, 70-621 is on there.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You're so upset you had to start another thread just to vent, eh? icon_lol.gif

I called them last night to see what was up with my scheduling. One of the test centers near me no longer appears on the list. I asked if they were no longer taking registrations, and whether or not I'd be able to still take my scheduled exam. He said they are still taking registrations, but they're just closed for a week over Christmas. I was relieved since that's a good location for me, and I asked how I could go about rescheduling my date since it doesn't appear as a test center.

"Oh, I guess that's a bug in the system."

"Ok... so how can I change this?"

"I dunno.. I guess someone will figure it out and fix it."

"Do you know how long that will take?"

"No."

"Ok then. I guess that's all I needed. Thanks."

I would be more than willing to spend another $20 per exam if it would mean that I could talk to knowledgeable, professional people, and take my tests on decent quality equipment.
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Why are you registering for an exam over the phone? Just register on prometric.com...it is a simple 5 minute task, and sure enough, 70-621 is on there.

The 072 academic versions of the tests do not appear online. He needs 072-621.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I see...I wasn't aware of "academic" versions of these exams. How much cheaper are they? If your employer is asking for this, is it something they would pay for?
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    I don't work at an education institute and have not taken any Microsoft exams, but am just throwing a thought out there. Is it possible that Prometric does not administer the academic versions of the exams and that is why the phone representative wasn't aware of it?
  • Options
    Schluep wrote:
    I don't work at an education institute and have not taken any Microsoft exams, but am just throwing a thought out there. Is it possible that Prometric does not administer the academic versions of the exams and that is why the phone representative wasn't aware of it?

No, I scheduled the academic versions of 70-270, 271 and 272 within the last 2 months with Prometric and had no problems.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    johnw02 wrote:
    Schluep wrote:

No, I scheduled the academic versions of 70-270, 271 and 272 within the last 2 months with Prometric and had no problems.

Not every exam is available as an "072" exam, I thnk only the MCSA and MCDST (I have the list at work) exams are available as 072. Furthermore these exams are only available to students enrolled in a Microsoft IT academy at a reduced cost. If you are not enrolled in the IT Academy or cannot prove you are, you run the risk of having the certification revoked.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Not every exam is available as an "072" exam, I thnk only the MCSA and MCDST (I have the list at work) exams are available as 072. Furthermore these exams are only available to students enrolled in a Microsoft IT academy at a reduced cost. If you are not enrolled in the IT Academy or cannot prove you are, you run the risk of having the certification revoked.

The Microsoft website says nothing about being enrolled in the IT academy. Here is what it says:

"The Academic Exam Series is intended for students, faculty, and employees of accredited high schools and post-secondary schools (institutes of higher learning) in the United States."

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/details/popup.html