Options

Jumping into the 70-270 exam!

AbigailleAbigaille Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I think I am going to go for the dive here and continue on the cert streak I have been on this year and get MCP added to the list.. and maybe someday.. MCSA or MCSE. But the only difference is I will be doing 100% self studying on this one. The other certs I was fortunate enough to get bootcamp classes for.. which I do have to say is very helpful. But I don't know if really nessary.

What are some suggested readings? So far I am eyeing:

MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-270): Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Second Edition - Walter Glenn; Hardcover
In Stock

and

MCSE Windows XP Professional Exam Cram 2 (Exam 70-270) (2nd Edition) (Exam Cram 2) - Derek Melber; Paperback
In Stock

I can get both on Amazon for about 65$

I don't really want to spend more the 70$ on books and materials.. .so I want to make sure I get the right ones....

And any Tips on the exam would be greatly apperciated
A+, NET+, CCNA and CCDA = Passed.

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MSPress is a great book to learn what the 270 has to teach you. The training kits are nice.

I would focus on understanding what the MSPress book has to teach. Setup labs and reread chapters in your training kit before worrying about reading another book.

What experience do you have with XP?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd supplement that with Transcender and/or CBT Nuggets if you can afford it. It looks like those will be outside of your desired range though. I just used MS Press and Transcender for this one.
  • Options
    bojo387bojo387 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I'd supplement that with Transcender and/or CBT Nuggets if you can afford it. It looks like those will be outside of your desired range though. I just used MS Press and Transcender for this one.

This is aboslutely good advice. Transcenders helped me a lot as well as the Sybex Chapter exams. You'll have an edge using these.