Options

Passed a Cisco exam finally

coax31coax31 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
I sat the 640-822 today and received a score of 883 a pass! I took the same test back in November and only scored 792. Took the 640-801 prior to this and failed twice once with a 618 and other time with a 720. It only took me 4 month, 3 fails and $525 to pass a Cisco examicon_sad.gif . On to 640-816. I used Sybex CCNA FastPass for exam 640-802 and the Bryant advantage package for study material.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Did you ever use the Cisco Press books? Those have the all the information you should learn as a CCNA.

The Sybex book is great for learning subnetting and as a 2nd study source (or as the single source for someone experience with Cisco Equipment and Networking).

Chris Bryant's stuff is good for learning and helping you pass the exam -- from what I've heard.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I probably will use a Cisco Press book for 640-816, I heard the Cisco press stuff is good.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz!!!!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    valencpvalencp Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! To clarify, you passed 640-822 which makes you a CCENT, right? Passing the 640-816 will make you a CCNA. What can you share about the 640-822 exam in terms of tips? I also am taking the two exam route as it makes more sense since I do not work on Cisco everday, but mostly on my home lab.

Thanks....
  • Options
    Yes it was 640-822. You should study Routing, just static and RIP V2. Subnetting, wireless, OSI and DOD models. Network security,DHCP, NAT, basic router operation, switch port security. There is more than this but subjects like CIDR, VLSM, OSPF,EGRIP, VTP, RSTP, Access Lists, VPN, SSH are all on the 640-816 exam
  • Options
    r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude...good luck on the -816!!
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Stick with the Cisco Press stuff but if you do use the Sybex book use the complete version. The fast pass is basically a cut and paste from the complete book and is missing alot of details.

Chris Bryant is pretty good too.

Good luck! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and your new CCENT designation. Good luck on the next exam, we'll be looking forward to seeing "CCNA" under your picture.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats mate.

so was all those exams in 4 months of studying? if not how long did you study all together?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Great news - great Christmas present!!
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats and good luck on the ICND 2 :D
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    congrats on the pass.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    nel wrote:
    congrats mate.

so was all those exams in 4 months of studying? if not how long did you study all together?

Well the first attempt at 640-801 was after 1 month of studying. The second attempt was 1 month later. I was trying to get the 640-801 done before it expired. The first attempt at 640-822 was 1 month later from the secong 640-801 attempt. So by the time I passed it had been a total of 4 months give or take.