Options

Taking the 270 tomorrow afternoon...

JayrodEFJayrodEF Member Posts: 111 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm going to be taking the 720 tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any last minute pointers? I used the sybex book for this test along with quite a few practice tests and my own tinkering with XP on my computers.

Comments

• Options
    ttolhurstttolhurst Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just relax and read the questions. You will be fine. I took mine yesterday and passes with a 794. I thought for sure i failed.

Good luck.
  • Options
    JayrodEFJayrodEF Member Posts: 111 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I ended up passing the 270 with a 747. It was a bit tougher than I thought going in to it. Some of the questions seemed strange, but I'll take my pass and review my weak areas and head on to the 290. Thanks for the help from this website!
  • Options
    ttolhurstttolhurst Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I thought it was tough as well
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats to you both :D:D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    RycheRulzRycheRulz Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Edited this, as I see I kinda violated the NonDisclosure Agreement a wee bit.

Just took it a few hours ago and failed it with a 654. icon_sad.gif

My background: I have 3+ years of Level 2/3 Help Desk support on Windows 2000/XP network with Active Directory. I'm 36 years old, so it's been a while since I saw the inside of a college classroom (I have a B.S. in Computer Science). I have A+ back in Aug 2002, and that test was a joke. Network+ was a little tougher, but still not too bad because of the lower passing score. Waaaayyy back in the day I took Windows 95 and that was a joke too. This test (70-270) was significantly tougher than all of them.

Here's my 2 cents.

1. Many of the questions are LOOOONG! Essay length! Read them carefully, use the erasable board to keep track of the details on each question.

2. Mark the questions you're not sure about and come back later; don't be shy about using this function; I wish I had. Don't dawdle around. I used every minute of the test length (2+ hours).

It basically covered all the bases pretty thoroughly.

I used ExamCram2 70-270 book. Took the test on short notice, so should have studied more. The questions in ExamCram were not similar at all to what I had on the test, but I only used the free preview CD in the book, so might be more involved if I bought the full version pack. I'll take a gander at the questions on this site and see if they're better.

Part of my problem is that I seemed to get a lot of questions that covered material that I don't get exposed to in my job; don't know if it was just bad luck or if my job is truly that limited.

Here is a VERY USEFUL LINK FOR A 2nd FREE SHOT IF YOU FAIL!!!!! No kidding around.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx

Good thing I signed up for it last night, cuz I sure need it.