Options

Failed 651

PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
Major icon_sad.gif

Thought I had it this time but no cigar. It seems to me I seem to stumble on performance/alerting and backup strategies. Really need to nail these for my return bout...which will probably be first week'ish of Jan 2008.
DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pash wrote:
    Major icon_sad.gif

Thought I had it this time but no cigar. It seems to me I seem to stumble on performance/alerting and backup strategies. Really need to nail these for my return bout...which will probably be first week'ish of Jan 2008.

bummer man, I know that you've been studying for this one for a while now. Hopefully you used the 2nd shot?

I sit this one on the 4th, so I hope we both nail this then!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Unlucky Pash. You will nail it next time. I passed this one last week and it was quite tricky but you weren't far off so with a bit extra you will be ok. Good luck! (and to snadam too)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    good luck next time, i fail 290 too i only studied for 3 weeks i thought i was ready but fail, so i went back study for another week then i pass, so now that why i do 4 weeks icon_lol.gif well exept for 294 2 1/2 weeks, now im ready for 298 this friday!!!! remember what doesnt kill u make u stronger
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pash, if you don't have them Transcender and Cbtnuggets are by far the best investments you can make in the way of trying to pass a microsoft exam. I know that if It wasn't for transcender I would have failed 290 and for sure 291. I know they are expensive, but when you consider the cost of time, travel, and re-take fees they are going to be profitable for you.

Also, if you can build a lab, hands on is bar none the best way to burn the technology in your mind.

Sry, your having trouble.
  • Options
    bertieb wrote:
    Unlucky Pash. You will nail it next time. I passed this one last week and it was quite tricky but you weren't far off so with a bit extra you will be ok. Good luck! (and to snadam too)

thanks, I might need it. I have the experience, but I think I'm lacking a bit in the "what Microsoft wants you to know" department. Hopefully it will click soon. Best of luck to Pash also.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks fellas.

I think maybe I just need some more prep time in the last week before the exam, I hardly did any revision, except reviewing the technotes on here.

Im using vmware at work and at home a lot, so im practicing ntfs and group management all the time. I also have the cbt nuggets and have watched them a few times. I think maybe i need to structure my revision time properly as well, royal posted a good study plan it seems.

Goodluck Snadam and others taking exam soon!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck pash, looking at the certs you have you more than have the ammo to do it. just remember to re-read the questions (not trying to teach you to suck eggs there mind!) i always find performance q's tricky aswell.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Pash wrote:
    Thanks fellas.

I think maybe I just need some more prep time in the last week before the exam, I hardly did any revision, except reviewing the technotes on here.

Im using vmware at work and at home a lot, so im practicing ntfs and group management all the time. I also have the CBT Nuggets and have watched them a few times. I think maybe i need to structure my revision time properly as well, royal posted a good study plan it seems.

Pash, if I might chime in, I have some advice. The two resources I used were MCSE Core Required Exams in a Nutshell and TestOut's prep for the 290. These were really the only two things I used other than Self Test Software. I thought the Nutshell book was perfect for the 290 and the simulations in Test Out gave me lots of practice for fundamental administrative tasks. One thing I didn't see you mention in your posts was using some sort of test prep software. You should at the least be using Readiness Review from the MS Press book. I'd suggest 300 questions (6 tests) in the week prior to your exam.
  • Options
    Pash wrote:
    Thanks fellas.

Im using vmware at work and at home a lot, so im practicing ntfs and group management all the time. I also have the CBT Nuggets and have watched them a few times. I think maybe i need to structure my revision time properly as well, royal posted a good study plan it seems.

thanks, I sit this one in a few more days. When do you think youre going to take it again?

• Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Oh, I am very sorry to read this man, because I know Your value, but it happens.
    I am sure You will have better luck on the next, unfortunately this exam made its name so far as a simple exam, but some topics are shifty, that is because I decided to give some more time to study and sit to take it after celebrations.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.