Options

Im taking the hardware exam on monday. Any suggestions?

mah9470mah9470 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everybody, im taking the hardware test on monday. How much info is there on the different types of cpu's? How about printer info? Any suggestions or comments?

Comments

• Options
    geeksupergeeksuper Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D

Having knowledge of basic hardware is good to go, but SCSI and Basic Troubleshooting is very important for the exam. Also the Sockets and slots.

If you want suggestions, just use this site, it is truly a very good resource.

geeksuper
  • Options
    CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    How did you come out Mah9470?

Welcome aboard geeksuper :D
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    my advice is to do download the objectives from comptia website and be honest in marking the topics you feel you are weak on based on the practise tests you have taken.

take practise tests for about half and hour or an hour a day and evaluate yourself with the objectives every few days, hitting the books in your weaker spots.

try not to study the night before or day of the exam. or don't do it intently at any rate ;), but take some of the practise tests that you know you will score highly in - a good moral booster - before bed and before you go for the exam.

good luck.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    mah9470mah9470 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input. Ill let everyone know how I do on it when I take it on monday.
  • Options
    AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    Not everyone has the chance to do this but what I found extremely helpful was that I was able to build pcs long before I took the exam. Seeing everything first-hand helped me visualize and memorize everything so much better.

As with most things...hands-on is always the best method, atleast for me anyways :P

Good luck on your exam Monday...let us know how you did icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    yes. there is nothing like finding out how hard it can be to configure legacy sound or network cards in a plug and play system than actually trying it ;)
    A+ Moderator