Options

Types of drives that can be converted to dynamic question.

qs1posqs1pos Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got a practice question that I think is messed up and I just what to make sure I'm not missing something.

The question reads: Which of the following disks can be converted to dynamic?

a. EIDE ATA Hard Disks
b. SCSI hard disks
c. USB hard disks
d. IEEE 1394 hard disks
e. Fibre Channel disks
f. Ultra DMA disks
g. Solid-state keychain (flash) USB disks.

My answer was a,b,e,f. They are claiming that g. keychain USB disks can be converted to dynamic.Is this true? I call shinanigans!
"If you will it Dude, it is no dream."

Comments

• Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    qs1pos wrote:
    I got a practice question that I think is messed up and I just what to make sure I'm not missing something.

a. EIDE ATA Hard Disks
    b. SCSI hard disks
    c. USB hard disks
    d. IEEE 1394 hard disks
    e. Fibre Channel disks
    f. Ultra DMA disks

My answer was a,b,e,f. They are claiming that g. keychain USB disks can be converted to dynamic.Is this true? I call shinanigans!

no any kind of removable drive can't be use with dynamic disk. :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    qs1posqs1pos Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its just drives me crazy that not only do the makers of this book expect you to understand and apply what they are trying to teach, you have to worry about wrong info as well. This is the 3rd question I have found to be just plain wrong! Well anyway, thanks for the reply. It seemed like an easy question but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an elephant in the room.
    "If you will it Dude, it is no dream."
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    qs1pos wrote:

a. EIDE ATA Hard Disks
    b. SCSI hard disks
    c. USB hard disks
    d. IEEE 1394 hard disks
    e. Fibre Channel disks
    f. Ultra DMA disks

hilarious! Im reading that chapter as I write this!!! (exam cram2). I find some of these questions vague, or just wrong as well. I always thought as a rule of thumb, "USB-based drives" cant be dynamic.

also, if you read the exam alert on pg 388 it strengthens the point about how you cant have dynamic USB interface Disks . Looks like youre not going crazy...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security