Options

Internet Connection Question

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
I have 4 computers networked through a linksys router and two of the four are not working. Everything was fine for 6 months and now these two pc's will not connect to the internet. I have link connection between the router and the pc's nic on both, but am unable to connect. Really havent downloaded anything, so any input on where to check first with these two pc's. The other two pc's on the network are fine
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The first thing I would check for is link lights on both ends on the router and the NIC. It could be you have bad switch ports or bad nic although it would seem unlikley. If you are getting link lights then maybe the machines got infected with spyware? I would also upgrade the firmware of the router at some point if you haven't already. I am assuming this is a wired network. If it is wireless then that would be a little different.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    are they getting IP addresses?
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
    What model of Linksys, I have seen where linksys routers work fine for 6 to 12 months then just shell out one day out of the blue. Generally this is the BF???? model though.
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    can you ping the router? you might want to check the ip configurations, check your default gateway. it should be set to 192.168.1.1 if your using static addressing. :)

if you are using DHCP you can try to flush the dns then renew it.
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    you really need to give us more information then that there are many factors that could be causing issues..