Options

dell laptop keyboard

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
my m key fell off my laptop last week and ive put it back on (eventually!) but now when i press the key down it doesnt seem to work correctly (at the min i have the key off lol). its like the key is not making contact properly with the membrane thing inside.

anyone ever had the same problem because ill be damned to be buying a new keyboard for one key!
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Check ebay out for another keyboard..there prob cheap
  • Options
    iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
    You can even order these direct from DELL for an extremely cheap amount. Painless to replace as well. Especially on the newer Dell laptop models.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    iowatech wrote:
    You can even order these direct from DELL for an extremely cheap amount. Painless to replace as well. Especially on the newer Dell laptop models.

I was thinking the same thing. I buy them all the time for clients...not too expensive. Depending on the model and IF I order them the full kit or just the KB...$20-35ish before shipping.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    I've replaced the keyboards in several Dell Latitude laptops, which require about 50% of the unit to be disassembled before the keyboard can be removed and replaced. Be sure to read the service manual for your laptop before deciding to repair it yourself. It may be a bigger job than you'd want to tackle.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is it still in warranty?
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn