Options

studying over break

grcunninggrcunning Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
thanks for providing us this forum..
I'm from Erie, Pa, and am studying like mad to take the test the first week of Jan.
I've been in IT since the early 90's, mostly Netware for the first 7 or 8 years,
now Windows.
I felt like I knew XP inside and out until I started taking some of the sample exams..whew!!!
I've heard differing opinions, but for me, the CCNA test was far easier than the 70-270
seems to be. The questions were straight-forward, nothing like the questions on the MS-Press CD
So much memorizing of esoteric facts that I haven't seen in 10 years of working on
Windows networks.
I'm confident, but not confident enough that I will neglect my studies..
good luck everyone...Gary

Comments

• Options
    mcmastermcmaster Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its true I found CCNA to be relatively straightforward given one had the necessary knowledge. I myself found the 70-270 to be hard in that it covered much more than just client side. I had been using XP for years and was very confident with it but literally half of my 70-270 questions were questions relating to Group Policy, Active Directory, VPN, etc. Many questions relating to how a client computer operates in a Domain Environment.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck.

What makes the exam hard is that some people go in thinking it's a "How to be an XP power user" exam when really it's a "How to manage and administer XP in a networked environment".

Welcome to the forums. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mcmaster wrote:
    I myself found the 70-270 to be hard in that it covered much more than just client side. I had been using XP for years and was very confident with it but literally half of my 70-270 questions were questions relating to Group Policy, Active Directory, VPN, etc. Many questions relating to how a client computer operates in a Domain Environment.

That was why I chose to do 290 first. However, my actual test didn't have a lot of that material on it. I'm not sure if that's normal or if that was just the test I happened to get.