Options

AOL wont go away

emmajoyceemmajoyce Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

My daughter likes aol. everytime I get on my puter a small window comes up asking if I want to install aol9.1. It gives the options of install now or ask me later. But no option to forget about it all together. I have looked in scheduled tasks, the startup folder, and in program files. I want to get rid of this thing. I assume it must be in the registry, however I am not that savvy when it comes to the registry. Does anyone know where this software may be hiding so that I can delete it. thank you
lungsucker.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First check the "Options" (or something similar to that) within the AOL program itself. I don't have/use AOL, but I think if you look in your Start>Programs you might find a way to turn it off.

If you want to look in the registry I would check:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can also try msconfig from the run box.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If your daughter is actively using AOL with your blessing, why don't you just install 9.1 and be done with it? Just wondering.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Another way is install, then uninstall it.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn