Options

Ad-Aware SE expiring Dec 31, 2007

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
Anyone who uses the free edition of Ad-Aware (Ad-Aware SE) should know that there will be no more program or definition file updates released after Dec 31, 2007. All Ad-Aware SE users should upgrade to Ad-Aware 2007 Free (or Plus or Pro) instead. The Ad-Aware SE support forum will also be discontinued as well.

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Thanks for the info JD... i kinda like my new set up with Windows Defender, AVG, and Comodo Firewall Plus with Defense+...seems to make a very safe system :D
  • Options
    shednik wrote:
    Thanks for the info JD... i kinda like my new set up with Windows Defender, AVG, and Comodo Firewall Plus with Defense+...seems to make a very safe system :D
    How do you test your system to determine that it is "safe?" I can never be sure myself.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Thanks. I use Spybot now days.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    shednik wrote:
    How do you test your system to determine that it is "safe?" I can never be sure myself.

Personally, my setup looks like this:

Antivirus scanner: AVG-free
    malware scanners: AVG-antispyware, Adaware, SpyHunter.
    Defragmenter: Diskeeper
    Firewall: Comodo

I scan from time to time, with a number of different scanners since one or two can't find everything. I use others such as Spybot and superantispyware to be safe. I think those take care of the serious bugs.

You can also run a online scan with bitdefender, trojanscan, kaspersky, etc.

I also use the MVPS HOSTS file, to block ads. Combined with Firefox...well...you can't go wrong.

icon_cool.gif
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    KGhaleon wrote:
    I also use the MVPS HOSTS file, to block ads.
    I've just started using the HostsMan hosts file manager and editor. It seems to have every feature that I need for automatically managing the hosts files on individual workstations. It's one of those programs I wish that I'd thought to write years ago.