Options

forward external email

KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
I know this might be a difficult problem. A EXEC want to get his personal hotmail to forward to his work account. I told him to pay for the hotmail service and he can do it in a minute.

However, I just get want to ask you guys one more time before I give him the final call.

Thank you & Happy New Year
Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    "Users who want to use Outlook to pick up their Hotmail messages will have to pay $19.95 for an annual subscription to Hotmail Plus or the $99.95 a year for MSN Premium."

Thats what I read. Too many sapmmers exploited this when it was free so now we all have to pay.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's as easy as him logging in to his hotmail, going to options, and telling it to forward to his work address. Did you talk to your manager about this request though? Many companies have a policy against having access to their personal or free internet email at work. For example where I work, policy is policy, it doesn't matter what your title is.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    Gmail allows email to be forwarded to other email accounts or to be downloaded using a POP or IMAP email client for free. Google seems to have figured out a way to mitigate spammers without resorting to a for-pay solution for email forwarding. That doesn't solve your Hotmail problem, but I thought that I'd mention it.