Options

Credit for a MCSE exam

ultimateultimate Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi people,

I've done my A+ and will be completing the Network+ exam next week.

I would like to do the MCSE course after but my question is :-

Will I be able to get a credit for 1 of the MCSE exams since I have the A+ and (hopefully) N+?

Regards,
Ultimate
Picture me rollin'...

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi ultimate.

Unfortunately you cannot use A+/Net+ combo as an elective for the MCSE. They can be used toward the MCSA though. Good luck on your Net+. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I have pubished my A+, Net+, and Sec+ with M$ a few weeks ago. It is still not showing up on my transcript. Must I pass the core exams before they will post my electives? Or do I just need to call. I do have my MCP and included that in the email I sent from comptia.

I followed these directions;

http://certification.comptia.org/mcsa/default.aspx
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's odd. I had CompTIA send my Security+ to Microsoft via that same method a few weeks ago, and it looks like it was added on the 28th. Maybe just follow-up with a call and see what the deal is.
  • Options
    maxhavocmaxhavoc Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ultimate wrote:
    Hi people,

I've done my A+ and will be completing the Network+ exam next week.

I would like to do the MCSE course after but my question is :-

Will I be able to get a credit for 1 of the MCSE exams since I have the A+ and (hopefully) N+?

Regards,
    Ultimate

I would recommend taking the CompTIA Security+ which is the only CompTIA exam that counts as elective credit for the MCSE. It's an easy exam. The Sybex book for it is awesome. It will also count as credit towards the MCSE: Security if that's where you're going. CompTIA exams are far more expensive than MS exams, but they're also MUCH easier so you'll only need 6 MS exams if you take Security+ or 7 if you're going to MCSE: Security.