Options

CCNP Study

waymorrwaymorr Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Im just about to start studying for my CCNP, I am going to be going down the four exam route and I was wondering if there is any order that the exams should be taken. For instance do you need the knowledge of BCSI to say complete BCMSN.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Cisco suggests that you take it in BSCI, BCMSN, ISCW and finally ONT. You could probably do them in any order you want, but if you are new to the technology I'd sugest you start out with BSCI and BCMSN first (in any order) followed by ISCW and ONT. Good luck with your studies!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick response networker050184, just goto wait for my study books to arrive and i will be away
  • Options
    Your welcome! What study material are you getting? I'd suggest the exam cert guides and the study guides. If you only get one though I'd suggest the study guides. I hardley used the exam cert guide for the BSCI because the study guide was a lot better. I used both about equally for the BCMSN. Just started on the ISCW, so not much of an opinion on those yet.

Also if you have the money or an employer willing to buy I'd suggest the CBT Nuggets which are good for when you don't have a chance to read. Also don't forget about the Cisco DocCD which is full of great information and the best part is its free!
  • Options
    CCIE_2011CCIE_2011 Member Posts: 134
    If you are going to buy a CBT. Take a look at Braynt Videos http://www.trainsignal.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=58
    .... Currently i'm having BCMSN, My first obstacle toward CCNP, Which is great :) ...... I have also tried CBT nuggets for CCNA they are also great, and my get both CBT nuggets & braynt for BCSI.
    at the end .... choice is urs :)
    . : | : . : | : .
  • Options
    I have ordered the exam cert guides and will probably also end up getting the study guides,
    i havent used the CBT nuggets before so i may give them a go but budget is a bit tight as i am having to fund it all myself as i have a boss who is as tight as a ducks a*se icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    The Cisco Press books should be fine with out the CBT Nuggets. Just don't take the exams lightly. Unlike the CCNA you can't just read through the exam cert guide and pass. Ensure you supplement your book study with different recources also. Good luck!