Options

ANY HELP CISCO CALL MANAGER EXPERTS

j938j938 Member Posts: 101
I need help with call manager in setting up a way for an ext to go to voicemail after it rings.

What I do know how to do is.
- set up the EXT 1111 to forward to another ext 2222

The Problem

- When you call ext 1111 and it rings after no answer the attendant comes on. Of course I know the reason is theres no messaging setup for this phone

What I would like to do if there is a way is when someone calls Ext 1111 and after no ring i would like ext 2222 message to come on for them

--- is there a way to configure that in CALL MANAGER or UNITY ????

I wish unity allowed you to put two extensions in there then it would be simple

Any info is appreciated. Cause I am fairly new this Cisco in a work enviroment

Also I hope this is the right area to be posting this.
Growth is limited.

Comments

• Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    I've done this a few times - but not too often and unfortunately I'm not in front of my unity box for reference (so I'm doing this memory)

Unity has a feature to send VM to alternative mailboxes the only catch is that the alternative ext must be unique. I'll post more tomorrow when I'm in the office when I can actually give you some good info.
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Well here you go...

Select the Subscriber would want to add the alternate extension to. On the left you should see "Alternate Extensions" select that.

On the "Alternate Extensions" page you can add up tp 9 UNIQUE extensions. That should be what your looking for.

FYI - I'm using Unity 4.2(1) build.
  • Options
    j938j938 Member Posts: 101
    bmauro wrote:
    Well here you go...

Select the Subscriber would want to add the alternate extension to. On the left you should see "Alternate Extensions" select that.

On the "Alternate Extensions" page you can add up tp 9 UNIQUE extensions. That should be what your looking for.

FYI - I'm using Unity 4.2(1) build.

Ok I think I know exactly where your talking about on the left side?
    So under ext. aaaa if I have other extensions I want forward to their mailbox I put all those under alternate extensions. correct.

I will probably vpn and try this or wait til I get to work 2mrw and let you know.

But I greatly appreciate the info I wasnt sure if I use the unity or if I use the call manager.
    Growth is limited.