Options

can you have CBTnuggets on a vido ipod

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey guys I was wondering if it was possible to have something like CBT nuggets playing on an ipod, anyone done it?

was format do CBT nuggets come on
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    Diesel423Diesel423 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, in short yes.
    Just recently done this myself using a programme called Ultra MP4 Video Converter. As per the title it converts the Video files to MP4 to enable playing in your IPOD. I tried numerous other free programmes but in the end had to bite the bullet and fork out for this. There is a specific setting in it for Ipods so you dont have to muck around with frame rates etc. Just click and go.
    I think they were in WMV format to start with.
  • Options
    is this the one you have? was it easy to do?

http://www.aone-soft.com/mp4_video_converter.htm
  • Options
    Diesel423Diesel423 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thats the very one.
    You can download it and try for free, but it only does the first five minutes of video. Once you register, it unlocks and you can convert the whole videos.
    Very simple to do. Simply click the add button to add in the wmv files, go to the profiles tab and choose the format for Ipod. Next choose a location to where you want the converted files to be sent to, or just leave it on the default. Lastly click convert.
    Once finished just add to ipod as normal.
    Takes a while but it works very well.
  • Options
    thanks Diesel423 thats cool to know
  • Options
    aoeaoe Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    on that note, is there an easy way to burn cbt nuggets to watch on a dvd player?

//actually did a search and found the answer...thanks.
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    Hey this is great. I just go the new Itouch and i was also trying to find a way to get CBT nuggets on there. Thanks for the link. I'll try it out.
  • Options
    I converted all the BSCI videos today, took 6 hours on my laptop! but hey it's not like you gotta sit and watch it.
  • Options
    netitcynetitcy Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Purchased CBT nuggets, is there a way to make it available offline so that I can use it in a couple of months after the expiry date ?
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    netitcy wrote:
    Purchased CBT Nuggets, is there a way to make it available offline so that I can use it in a couple of months after the expiry date ?

They don't offer them via CD Rom?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    aoe wrote:
    on that note, is there an easy way to burn CBT Nuggets to watch on a dvd player?

//actually did a search and found the answer...thanks.

where is the answer?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    flyingbyflyingby Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently purchased CBT Nuggets and am having a terrible time attempting to convert the videos to mpeg4. I tried the mentioned software but it does not work, says it can't open the file, i'm starting to regret purchasing CBT Nuggets instead of just downloading it which i'm sure would have worked. Can someone help please.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is another one that Megadeth found: http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    CBT nuggets currently uses a proprietary codec that is ONLY available for windows called TechSmith. You have to have that codec installed and use a video conversion application to convert it to the desired format. From what i have seen this codec isn't that great and doesn't convert very well. Also remember you can only watch/convert them on a Windows PC.

If you figure out a good way to get it converted on windows let us know.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    this may be a round about method, but have you tried using a screen capture tool such as camtasia while watching the videos? then using camtasia to convert to whatever format you desire ?
  • Options
    eyoeleyoel Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is there an easy way to burn CBT Nuggets to watch on a dvd player
    Please i need to watch the CBT Nuggets videos on a DVD PLAYER OR TELL ME HOW CAN I CONVERT TO VIDEO FILE FORMAT
    eyoel