Difficulty of the CCVP tests

I took the one 640-801 CCNA test, and the CCVP requires five separate tests. I know an individual test won't be as time-intensive as the one I took (man, I hope not), but I was just wondering how they compare, study-wise. I know it's a hard thing to quantify, but how much time/effort is involved with passing a single CCVP test compared to the 801/802, all variables being equal? Does anyone care to proffer an opinion?
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I see the CCNA as a lake 5 miles wide but a foot deep, meaning it covers many areas but to a limited amount of detail, any one of the CCVP exams is more like a lake a mile wide but a mile deep, covering a narrower area of topics but in far more detail. Depending on your background you may find some of the CCVP exams to be fairly easy (I found the QoS exam to be a piece of cake but that was because I was teaching QoS as part of the CCNP courses).
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • AddisonAddison Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCNA having wide areas but not in depth as CCVP, so CCNA is knowing everything but on the surface.

I guess CCVP takes more time to learn in depath for a person like myself who is not having much exposure, and a person who is having experiance on the areas will take lesser time, as dtlokee said.

(I found the QoS exam to be a piece of cake but that was because I was teaching QoS as part of the CCNP courses).

Where do you teach? Do you teach CCVP?
    CCVP here I come
  • remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From my experience with CCSP & CCVP topics, it could best be told that by working towards a CCNP first you should have a stronger foundation in which to build upon. Basically having some CCNP level Routing & Switching background will definitely help you understand how to implement VoIP & security practices across a network. It is not impossible to go from CCNA to CCVP, but many I have talked to have stated that it can be much harder than if you went from CCNA, CCNP, to CCVP/CCSP.

For example before my experience working towards CCNP, I took a mandatory Internet Security Class which focused on SND, SNPA, & SNRS. I found that I had some trouble with understanding how some of these security practices should be implemented.

All the professional level Cisco certs contain a span of topics almost as large the CCNA with tons more depth to them. Thank God they are split up into 3-5 sections depending on the pro level cert and your personal preference on taking composite exams.
  • CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    here we go again
    I hate pandas
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cucumber wrote:
    here we go again
    No we're not :D

For my next trick, I'll pull an ATA-186 out of a hat.

If anyone missed it -- my first trick was making a DUMPER/CHEATER disappear.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    lol
    I hate pandas