Options

CCNP in 2008

jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone going for this in 2008? Who's starting when?
"Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CCNA is on deck after the MCSE:S, and I'll carry that momentum into the CCNP.

I'll probably start around June. I can typically knock out an exam in a month if I focus on it, but it sounds like the CCNP exams take 2-3 months. Doing all 4 in 7 months seems like it will be fairly challenging.

Bring it on icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    CCNA is on deck after the MCSE:S, and I'll carry that momentum into the CCNP.

I'll probably start around June. I can typically knock out an exam in a month if I focus on it, but it sounds like the CCNP exams take 2-3 months. Doing all 4 in 7 months seems like it will be fairly challenging.

Bring it on icon_twisted.gif

Good luck with all your exams
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I hope to complete CCNP in '08. Actually taking BSCI tomorrow.

I am going to aim for about 2-3 months per test (2+hrs study a night + home lab), which, if I pass tomorrow, I should be able to do this year.
  • Options
    damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i actually am....just found out, but it was lightly in the plans so i've already started.
  • Options
    JohnDouglasJohnDouglas Member Posts: 186
    GT-Rob wrote:
    I hope to complete CCNP in '08. Actually taking BSCI tomorrow.

I am going to aim for about 2-3 months per test (2+hrs study a night + home lab), which, if I pass tomorrow, I should be able to do this year.

yeah, well at least two anyway i hope. BSCI and the switching one before my girlfriend births twins in June. we'll see. i want to do it properly unlike ccna which i blagged. moving house too. gotta massive network upgrade to do too and tons of optimisation. would like to get the two exams by june though - need ot actually start studying rather than buiding my lab and buying books icon_lol.gif i do procrastinate - time to get started eh.

good luck guys and girls.

ps - i guess this is ccnp in 2008 - maybe i'll manage to sneak in the other two exams by the end of the year. will see how well the little ones sleep.
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long does CCNP usually take if you study at least 5 to 8 hours per day? I am finalizing my 294 and 299 to finish up my MCSE Hopefuly in less than 3 months, and would really be happy to finish CCNA and CCNP this year.

I've also studied CCNA 801 for a good one month, when I finally realize that I'm shooting short cause of the 801 exam retirement, hopefuly this can boost up when I start 802.
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Plan on taking BSCI by end of Feb - so if everything goes to plan (aka - keep my butt in gear) I should have both CCNP and CCDP by end of year.
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    plan on taking BSCI sometime this feb. Hoping to complete CCNP by the end of the year. Moving at a slower pace than i did CCNA but starting to pick it up again
  • Options
    remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been currently going over my Cisco Net Academy material for ICSW in between my final studying for the BCMSN. I passed the BSCI in December, and I look to kill the BCMSN on Tuesday. I must admit my college's Internetworking II course really prepared me for these two tests. I look to get the BCMSN over with, then off to the ICSW CBT Nuggets to firm up the rest of my ICSW understanding while also taking the Net Academy Quizzes and Final. I will probably take be ready for the ICSW in late January/ early February. Whats after all that? Well my CCIE focused college course is requiring we pass our CCIE written mid semester which is mid to late March. With an easy schedule (I conquered all the difficult courses early in order to be able to attempt this elective course which is basically the hardest IT course at my college), I hope to be able to take the CCIE written for R&S by the deadline. If I am able to conquer this, I will probably break with some ONT studying in between some hardcore CCIE Lab studying. CCIE Lab will probably be a far ways off, but a guy can work towards it, God knows I have tons of time, my new (full time) job does not start till the end of July. Consulting and part time tutoring will not be bad, in fact it will be a break from studying. Hopefully by June I will have my CCNP complete. Who knows about CCIE.....You have to be realistic, cannot conquer the beast because this is a marathon, not a sprint. I just have some free time now, so why not get ahead while I can.
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doing my BSCI in beg-mid February and hope to have CCNP/CCDP done by the end of the year.
  • Options
    netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    I am hoping in completing my CCNP in 2008 I need 2 more exams
  • Options
    CCIE_2011CCIE_2011 Member Posts: 134
    already started with BCMSN (still 6 chapters to finish).... hopefully can take the exam in feb.
    planning to gain CCNP in middle of 2008. :)
    . : | : . : | : .
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got 2 more exams to go, hopefully by the end of next month i'll be all good. icon_eek.gif
    icon_jokercolor.gif
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    good luck everyone!! I'm planning on starting mine as soon as my Cisco CCNP library arrives from Amazon with the video tutor dvd
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    My CCNP study guides all arrived during the christmas break..... and I was away icon_sad.gif

But I'm officially starting BCMSN today..... Planning to have CCNP nutted out by the middle of this year at the latest!!!...... Mind you I am starting Uni this year as well :S

Wish you all the best of luck!!!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Aiming to complete CCNP in 08... finished BCMSN and recently started BSCI ... But I think I'll do the CCDA a/f BSCI, since it interests me so I'll see.
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    I'll be starting to study for the BSCI within the next few months.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    I was gonna start CCNP in febuaray at the community college here, but I seen some jobs in healthcare IT that I'm very intrested in pursuing. Its a mixture of electronics/electromechanical and IT skills, but they require MCSE. So I think I'm still apply with CCNA and say I have a MCSE in progress and see if I get any bites.
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Wow, alot of CCNP's!! Good luck everybody. I schedule BSCI for Jan.12. Hoping to be CCNP by June.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am trying to pass all CCNP tests before about Feb 09'..so that's roughly a year. Not too bad hopefully. I am going to a promotion board (military) February 1st, so all of my studying is dedicated to that for now. As soon as that's done, my life will become BCSI.
  • Options
    c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
    I plan on getting my CCNP this year. If I keep up with the same study regimen I kept for the CCNA, I should be ready to sit for the BSCI in two weeks. But, I kept a pretty brutal pace for the CCNA (got it in a month), and I might run the risk of burning myself out if I keep going at this pace. But...I've got a year to take as many certification courses as I can complete...and I plan on getting as much out of this year as I possibly can.
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.
  • Options
    c0d3_w0lf wrote:
    ..and I plan on getting as much out of this year as I possibly can.

Amen...we'll see if I actually follow up on that though. I'm an expert at procrastination..
  • Options
    what arsenal are you guys using to study with?
  • Options
    remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco NetAcademy CCNP courses, Official CCNP Self Study Books, CBT Nuggets videos, my professor's lectures/advice/tips, and group of 5-6 friends all working towards their CCNP at the same time. I am also enrolled for a CCIE independent study which starts in two weeks. That course will help to challenge me further. I will be doing all this while working in my college's excellent networking lab.
  • Options
    CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    Hope to finish the CCNP track on february.
    Will take ONT next week, then ISCW next month.
    And then, will go for the CCVP!
    I hate pandas
  • Options
    I am using CBT nuggets, mindtechcom.com rack rentals, hands on with 4 routers (en route to the house now), cisco press books, and lots of caffeine. In about 2 weeks it's no more CCNP study for an hour a day..it'll be more like 4 hrs/day..gonna be brutal.
  • Options
    CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    Mrock4 wrote:
    I am using CBT Nuggets, mindtechcom.com rack rentals, hands on with 4 routers (en route to the house now), cisco press books, and lots of caffeine. In about 2 weeks it's no more CCNP study for an hour a day..it'll be more like 4 hrs/day..gonna be brutal.

Total immersion - the best method, IMHO! icon_cool.gif
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • Options
    That def is the best method. I'm using the cisco library, the video mentor, and most likely Transcenders.
  • Options
    Anybody ever worked with the video mentor?
  • Options
    ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    im planning to complete ccdp and ccnp this year i hope i be able to do it