Options

It made my day!

amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
OK so this guy from our sales department get a laptop and a PDA.

A few weeks go by and he starts complaining his email is no longer appearing on his PDA.

I took his PDA ( it has outlook etc on it ) from him and went back to the server room to go and try to find the problem. Tell him not to worry if he gets any odd messages showing on his laptop email account ( synch'd with the PDA ) as Im testing it. I spend an hour checking settings and mailing him from my pc email account just to check its showing up on his PDA.

All of a sudden the messages on his PDA just start dissapearing at random when I send/receive or reboot his PDA. I spend another 1/2 hour trying to find the cause ( even get a 2nd IT guy to check Im doing nothing silly ). We are left scratching out heads.....maybe he has a rule on or a only show new messages view setup? I send more test messages etc. He sends me a email asking if he is supposed to do anything with my test messages when he see's them appear on his laptop? 'not for now' I reply.

Eventually the messages stay and I take it back saying maybe the account was corrupt, I wasn't 100% sure ( I rebuilt his account on his PDA ). As Im walking back to my desk the answer struck me...

I walk back and look in his deleted items on his laptop....guess what? All my missing test messages. 'You havent been using outlook whilst I've been testing you PDA have you?' I enquire? OH YES BUT ONLY TO DELETE YOUR MESSAGES he replied!

Classic!
Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ugh... did you fire him?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    Unfortunatly ....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    WOW! icon_mad.gif

So, did he actually have a problem? Or was he messing with you?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    the problem was real in that his PDA didnt show emails

the reason it didnt show emails is he was deleting them on his laptop and of course the laptop and PDA are synchronized accounts :D
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Users: Can't live with them....can't kill them.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pash wrote:
    Users: Can't live with them....can't kill them.
    you can't?

woops
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    the problem was real in that his PDA didnt show emails

the reason it didnt show emails is he was deleting them on his laptop and of course the laptop and PDA are synchronized accounts :D
    Nice.

So why would he think it would show on his PDA if he deleted it on his account? Unless the sync times are several hours different....ah well....made for an interesting day for you and gave you something fun to post :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lol

He didn't say anything in response? Come on. :p
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680