Options

3 down, one to go!!! (for MCSA)

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well I finally sat 290 today and Passed!

However, I was a bit disappointed at my score of 771. I was hoping to do a tad better. That being said, I believe the sims killed me. Only one or two actual questions tripped me up. I probably could have done a little better in my study technique (i only really spent about a month of serious studying; the last week was a 'study gauntlet'). With my experience with server 2k3, I felt this was adequate enough.

I'm going to use the 'a pass is a pass' card, however. Thanks all for helping me out (directly or otherwise). The technotes, as usual, were excellent! So to that, I am really pleased its over with!

A side note, this is the first time I used this particular prometric site, and I must say I was VERY IMPRESSED at thier setup. Secure, up-to-date equipment, physical security, and overall staff. Everything was much better than other test centers ive been to. Especially hearing the prometric horror stories, I was surprised.

I am going to have a mini-weekend drunken_smilie.gif then hit the books again! I move on to "The BEAST" in which Ive already decided to dedicate MUCH more time than this exam. My goal is not just to pass, but to master the curriculum as best I can.

Once thats over, ill be a MCSA...BRING IT!!! icon_twisted.gif
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    One to go? You're not stopping at that MCSA are you? ;)

I'm actually taking my exams at a new Prometric site, and their setup is pretty nice as well. I wish I could say the same for their website and phone support...

That's a respectable score. Remember, the sims are weighted, so if you really botch one or two of those, you can drop your score pretty quick. Run through the exercises in the MS Press book one more time, and it'll be just like you got 1000.

Congratulations on the pass. Hopefully you don't kill off too many MS braincells this weekend; you'll need them for 291 :D
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    One to go? You're not stopping at that MCSA are you? ;)

I'm actually taking my exams at a new Prometric site, and their setup is pretty nice as well. I wish I could say the same for their website and phone support...

That's a respectable score. Remember, the sims are weighted, so if you really botch one or two of those, you can drop your score pretty quick. Run through the exercises in the MS Press book one more time, and it'll be just like you got 1000.

Congratulations on the pass. Hopefully you don't kill off too many MS braincells this weekend; you'll need them for 291 :D

THANKS!

MCSA=Short term goal, should have specified that! icon_wink.gif MCSE=long term goal (give or take, I planned this out a few years ago). I don't ever want to stop learning, whats the point of IT if you don't learn new things?

Sounds about right with those sims dynamic. Mid way in the exam, I was saying to myself "these sims are going to decide if I pass or not" Hope im not violating the NDA, but lets just say that I was only expecting 3 or so sims, and I got much more than that. My score card indicated that I was well rounded on all the criteria, and I was strong on 2 objectives. So I also feel better about my score. I actually combed over the book and read the topics of the subjects I felt I botched. So I feel a little better :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Excellent, way to go Snadam icon_lol.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Congrats Snadam !
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    bikeandskibikeandski Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tonydotigrtonydotigr Member Posts: 129
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Job and Congrats!!!
  • Options
    docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done my friend, i'll settle for 771 on Thursday this week ! :D
    Hope to join ur quest for the beast soon. D.S.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    Well I finally sat 290 today and Passed!

Nice job snadam! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    thanks guys! As always, your support is greatly appreciated :D

Ive been looking at my MCP transcript at least once a day to remind me Im one exam away from MCSA. Good morale booster if you ask me!

Ill be catching most of you on the 291 boards!