Options

How to become a CEO?

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
They say, "Shoot for the moon, if you can't get it, at least you will be star" :)

The other day I saw salaries of CEO's and man these guys make the big buck. In fact, I was disappointed (and very annoyed) to find out that what I earn was listed as their misc./other income. icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

In addition to starting a company and being its CEO, how do people reach to be a CEO. I suppose you need a flashy MBA and years of experience.

Oh, shortly I'm gonna update my profile at techexams and list CEO as one of certifications I wanna purse icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take you're business card or desk plaque and scribble "CEO" at the bottom. :)
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Step 1, be rich.

Once you got a couple of million in savings, I'll tell you step 2.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    Daniel333 wrote:
    Step 1, be rich.

Once you got a couple of million in savings, I'll tell you step 2.

I do have a couple million. tell me step 2
  • Options
    nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    1. Kiss ass

Bosses recommend people who they like for promotion not people who get the job done.
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    having your MBA is definitely a right step

I'm' sure there are a lot of poli6tics involved in it as well

your also the "face" of a company so being well spoken, articulate and have a nice mug will help

our company owner is not a very well spoken guy but has some very good people under him and because that he's very successful

I was extremely surprised the first time I heard him speak to a large group
  • Options
    nice343 wrote:
    1. Kiss ass

Bosses recommend people who they like for promotion not people who get the job done.

I must disagree.

That may be rarely true, but not universally. I've known extremely intelligent, humble and dignified executives and I've never seen them kiss (...) But rarely there are some you described. Remember, workplace like life is like a jungle.
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    Protip:

Step 1. Start a company

Step 2. Call yourself the CEO

Step 3. ???????

Step 4. Profit!
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

Being a CEO would no doubt come with its resposibilities, something that i would rather do without, i am already bald and grey icon_lol.gif

If you were healthy enough to take on the extra stress of running the whole outfit then am sure you would be on a massive wedge, Veyron, cigars an all that stuff

Lee H
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get a masters degree, find an executive crony, participate in some cronyism, and work for a company for a long time. Theres a lot of money involved with a CEO position which brings a certain political genre of work.

Once you land your first CEO position, then you can move into another CEO position for another company.

I don;t think people go straight from a blue collar job into a CEO position with a masters degree. You have to move into an executive level position, and then move up over time. I think thats why a lot of CEO's are older individuals.

NOw if Daddy ownes a corporation, then that could be a different story.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You also need a good suit. I prefer white suits myself.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    Joshua FeinbergJoshua Feinberg Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The bigger issue...

Is is really THAT desirable to become a CEO anymore?

Aren't there examples all over the IT industry and the F1000 "World" of technical and sales superstars whose compensation approaches, or even surpasses, those of their big-shot CEO bosses?
    Joshua Feinberg, author/editorial director
    Computer Consulting Kit Home Study Course
    http://www.computerconsultingkit.net