Options

Internet Search Problem

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
I am having an issue with one of my customers computers (running Windows XP with IE7). When he goes to either yahoo or Google and does a search and then selects one of the hits, the system will redirect to another site. I beleive it says quickplex or sometimes bizsearch. If you put the address directly in the address bar it will go to the site with no problems. I did the following to try and remove the spyware, malware or virus:

Run CCleaner
Run Adaware
Run Avast
Went to Add/remove Programs to delete any unknown items
Went Windows components and uninstalled and reinstalled IE7

Any Suggestions......Thanks
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That still sounds like a spyware problem if it's intercepting links like that. Simply uninstalling/reinstalling IE won't get rid of that. Another great, free program to try is Spybot. Also, try installing Firefox and see if you experience the same problem with that.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

Try looking in the reg to see if its an app on start up

Go to start - run - msconfig - startup tab

Lee H
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahhh - you just have to love Malware. I have seen a lot of this over the past year and some is easy to remove and others a real pain. Quite often formatting the drive and reinstalling can be the fastest way to solve this.
    I would try booting into safe mode with networking and run the online scan from Panda and at least one other site first.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007