Options

Just Started 294 - any advice? - Now Passed

dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

After not taking any MCP exams since end of November, I have decided to get around to booking 294 for the end of Jan.

Now I have the Exam Cram, MS Press and I do have experience with AD, so any of you recent test takers have any advice on the exam and in which areas i should study the most?

Also what in your opinion is the differculty of the sims in this exam?

TIA

UPDATE: Took the exam today and scored a 763 :), I had 42 Questions and 3 Sims. Now on to 297 and hopefully to complete my MCSE!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had a lot of group policy and software deployment. I was really surprised that there wasn't more focus on other aspects of AD, such as replication and sites. Be sure you're comfortable working with the schema as well. There wasn't a lot on it, but you'll definitely lose some points if you're not familiar with it.
  • Options
    newbiextnewbiext Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I had a lot of group policy and software deployment. I was really surprised that there wasn't more focus on other aspects of AD, such as replication and sites. Be sure you're comfortable working with the schema as well. There wasn't a lot on it, but you'll definitely lose some points if you're not familiar with it.

I had the exact opposite. More sites and replication stuff. My advice setup a lab and practise everything to do with AD. If computers arent available, virtualise.
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am also studying for this exam, this come to be a very interesting topic, since it explains thouroughly the Active Directory replication that takes place with inter domains and how Active Directory works.

I am currently using Testout and pairing it with MS-Press, I find MS-Press to be a very useful guide, since it covers granular information which Testout does not, after this I will be performing a lab practice with Trainsignal and start knocing out my final review with transcenders.