Questions about XP Exam

ComputerLover1ComputerLover1 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all and Happy New Year.

It has been awhile since I posted but I have just completed the course through Skill Soft through my employer and I know the exam is 50 questions but I wanted to know how many if any can you miss and still pass because I took the exam in 2006 and failed miserably .

In addition to the class I used the wonderful resources on this site , the test prep tools included with the course and other study material . I do not intend to fail this time as I will be taking the test soon . Also for those of you who passed the exam can you give me any tips as to what to expect as I know you cannot discuss it in detail .

Thank you in advance for all of your help as always .
Without struggles there can not be progress

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You will need to correctly answer approximately 70% of the questions. Passing scores for MS exams are 700 points, and the total is usually around 1000 (MS says this fluctuates slightly).
  • ComputerLover1ComputerLover1 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.

I have been passing the pratice tests with about 85% but I feel that I need to keep going until I reach at least 100% .
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    make sure you understand the questions and not just memorize them.

I'm do for this one monday... Can wait to get this one behind me.
    BigTone wrote:
    make sure you understand the questions and not just memorize them.

Yep, if you're go through the same test multiple times, it loses all predictive value. Make sure you can state why each possible answer is or isn't correct. Otherwise, you're simply memorizing answers and effectively shooting yourself in the foot.
  • ComputerLover1ComputerLover1 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with both responses and trust me when I say the process of elimination has a new meaning because I look at the definitions to the wrong choices . Mind you I am using several different test engines and not all of the questions are alike , 400 to be exact .

Thanks
  • robertruizrobertruiz Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Were can I get ahold of practice tests ???
  • qs1posqs1pos Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    robertruiz wrote:
    Were can I get ahold of practice tests ???

You can buy good practice tests online, but I really found that the ones that come with the MS Press 70-270 book were great. The book itself is invaluable, and I consider it to be my best source for info when I took the test.
    "If you will it Dude, it is no dream."
    There are some on this site. You can also buy some from Transcender, Prep Logic, Self Test, Measure Up, and various others. I personally use Transcender. You might want to read this thread as well.

You should search here: http://www.certguard.com/search.asp for any other resources you find to make sure they are legitimate resources.