Options

AD in tuition videos

BonkersBonkers Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody, (sorry for sounding like Dr Nic)

I am currently self studying the 270 course (company might put me on training courses later on, fingers crossed, they have so far agreed to pay for the exams), and I have noticed in the MS press there is a fair bit of AD info in the DNS chapter.

But I have noticed that videos for 270 such as CBT nuggets, Test out and train signal dont offer much in the AD area.

My question is why do you think they dont. Is there much AD material in the exam and are these videos lacking or is the MS press overkilling the subject? Plus I dont want to buy the wrong set of videos. I really want the ones that cover the criteria in its entirety or as very close as.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    70-270 is the client-side exam -- you won't see much of any AD covered until you reach 70-290.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You only need a very general understanding of AD for 270. Are you talking about Chapter 14, the overview of AD? That'll be sufficient to get you through 270. AD is touched on a bit more in 290 and in-depth in 294. I didn't use CBT Nuggets for 270, but gone through some of their other series, and I like them quite a bit.
  • Options
    Sorry it is the Mcse training kit for 270 chapter 5 Using the DNS Service and Active Directory.
  • Options
    Is this the book you're using: http://safari.oreilly.com/0735621527

Regardless, a general understanding of AD is all that's required for 270.
  • Options
    mcmastermcmaster Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    when I took my 70-270 last semester general AD was required and more specifically Group Policy. About good third of my questions were over client questions pertaining to AD and GP which was suprising me being the first cert I had ever attempted. went in passed by the skin of my teeth.
  • Options
  • Options
    There's nothing to be sorry for; I was just trying to find the section you were referring to. You might want to upgrade to another book though. That one is over 5 years old, and it looks like it didn't get the best reviews to being with. I believe MS gradually introduces new material into the exams, and with the major service pack releases, it would probably benefit you to pick up the latest edition of the MS Press book.
  • Options
    Yeah good call, thats what I get for using a hand me down icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the info