Options

Exchange 2007 Increase Size Limit for Emails

dpsdps Member Posts: 116
Hi everyone,

I'm sending a mail with a 20Mb attachment and I get a "message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user" in Outlook.

How can I increase the mail size limit in Exchange? I used the "set-transportconfig" command and increased the send and receive limit to 25MB but it didn't work.

What am i doing wrong here? icon_confused.gif:

TIA.
Focused and Steady.

Comments

• Options
    j938j938 Member Posts: 101
    dps wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I'm sending a mail with a 20Mb attachment and I get a "message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user" in Outlook.

How can I increase the mail size limit in Exchange? I used the "set-transportconfig" command and increased the send and receive limit to 25MB but it didn't work.

What am i doing wrong here? icon_confused.gif:

TIA.

well im no expert but i dont think exchange server 2003 is too much different from 2007 so you can access AD and go to your profile right click go to properties i believe then go to the tab exchange general and then go to deliery restrictions and set the message size you want for sending message size
    You should be able to do this on AD on exchange server as well. but I havent seen 2007.
    Growth is limited.
  • Options
    CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    Have you restarted the store yet by chance? I assume you used the EMS command

Set-transportconfig -MaxSendSize: <size here in KB>

... like I said though, you have to restart the store service to see it change immedialetly.
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • Options
    I didnt fully read just like Corys said did you do it like so
    set-transportconfig -MaxSendSize:25Mb
    Growth is limited.
  • Options
    also id you didnt enter mb at the end i think it will treat it as KB
    Growth is limited.
  • Options
    CoryS wrote:
    Have you restarted the store yet by chance? I assume you used the EMS command

Set-transportconfig -MaxSendSize: <size here in KB>

... like I said though, you have to restart the store service to see it change immedialetly.

Not restarted any services yet.
    Is this the "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service?

Is it safe to restart this in the middle of the work day?

*Edit: Will just restart this after work hours. :)
    Focused and Steady.
  • Options
    CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    hehehe good call.. unless you are running in cached mode its typically not a very wise decision to restart during work hours (even if you were running cached mode its still not a sweet idea if you dont have to)

let us know if you get it to work. :)
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • Options
    CoryS wrote:
    let us know if you get it to work. :)
    Yup, that did it. Thanks for the help.
    icon_thumright.gif
    Focused and Steady.