Options

Exam booked, 4 hour long exam????? - Sitting on the 24th!

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys, i bit my lip and booked the 70-290 for the 24th of this month! Im averaging 97% on Transcender and have been working with server 03 for oer 1yr and a half now so i hope thats enough!

I also have a question...

Why is my exam 4 hours long? Oviously im biting my fingers off because i dont want to have to answer 500 qestions!

thanks!
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    On average you have to deal with 45 questions.

The limit of 4 hours was set because I guess Microsoft figured that even the most inexperienced person should be able to finish off the exam in that time frame.

4 hours is enough for 99% of people to finish the exam with enough time.

I finished my 70-290 exam in 2.5 hours (Writing it and reviewing the questions).
  • Options
    newbiextnewbiext Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree. 4hrs is more than enough time to finish. Even if your computer blew up (like mine did) you still have ample time to relax and start again.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've done all of mine in 60-90 minutes. You shouldn't need anywhere near that amount of time if you're prepared. Good luck!
  • Options
    hannoshannos Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    newbiext wrote:
    I agree. 4hrs is more than enough time to finish. Even if your computer blew up (like mine did) you still have ample time to relax and start again.

Similar happened to me. The computer totally crashed when I was at Question 43 (of 46).
    I had to do the entire thing again...
  • Options
    tonydotigrtonydotigr Member Posts: 129
    I think I'll be sitting the 24th too. Best of luck!!!
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think they give you that extra time for surveys and to provide comments about the exam if you wish. I don't think you will actually get 4 hours for the exam but you will have plenty of time so relax.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Thats exactly what i was hoping for! To be honest, i understand why they give you 4 hours. Yet again its something microsoft have done im proud of!

Im hoping ill finnish the excam off within 2 hours or so, i can usually answer all 150 odd transcender questions in that time!

Thanks for the posts and the encouragement, i hope to be posting back as soon as i walk out of the exam center a happy man!

btw, it might be worth mentioning i might have some ginseng before i go, that stuff is excellent for keeping you alert!
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    Getting more nervous now lol. Can anybody recommend any lab manuals for last min revsion?