Options

Assistant IT Manager

j938j938 Member Posts: 101
Is this a good job to have after doing desktop support for 1 yr? What does can this open?
Growth is limited.

Comments

• Options
    94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    yes, that's a good job. Basically, you'd be next in line for IT manager and maybe the next step after that would be IT director. I don't know your company structure but that's basically how it should go.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    sounds good on the resume.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    brad- wrote:
    sounds good on the resume.

Sounds a heck of a lot better than Desktop Support on the resume. Especially after just one year, that's not too bad if you ask me.

Management experience is always a plus if that is your desire. You really have to be able to answer to yourself what you want to be doing - what your goal is in terms of your position. With management comes more responsibility of ensuring your co-workers are getting things accomplished but are also happy. You will typically have to be more of a self-started as you will have less of a sense of someone above you watching to ensure you complete your duties, or assigning duties to you. In my years of experience, 9 of which I spent as a branch manager of a computer retailer - I have seen many managers and assistant managers come and go. Some people are the type that want to have more control of their direction, while some people are more comfortable being directed. I personally like the freedom of being knowing what the desire goal or outcome is, and being able to go about getting it done my way (like I had when I was manager).
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Its not going to hurt your resume as long as you are doing what the title job descirption.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    j938 wrote:
    Is this a good job to have after doing desktop support for 1 yr? What does can this open?

It all depends on the duties for the job...but yes it should be a good opportunity...good luck