Questions for Kevin

pmalaisepmalaise Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey there,

You mentioned back on Jan 9th that "we'll be making a pretty major announcement here shortly". Wondering what's taking so long and when we can expect thsi announcement?

It was in this Post http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2787

Thnx

PM

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I see... so I guess we have to wait another 7 days for the announcement :D
  • pmalaisepmalaise Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Damn...... we all knew that CWNI and CWNE would be released soon, I was hoping the "major anouncement" would be something that would take us by surprise....

Oh well

Thnx
    pmalaise wrote:
    love...... we all knew that CWNI and CWNE would be released soon, I was hoping the "major anouncement" would be something that would take us by surprise....

Oh well

Thnx
    Well, "love," perhaphs you were hoping for another Elvis siting. Or maybe you just confused wireless certification with scripted, "reality" TV.
    Whoops..... where did the rest of my post go :)

If I were more paranoid I'd think someone was messing with my posts.

Elvis?? You mean Elvis Costello? Did something happen to him? :D

Actually I was hoping for an anouncement about more partnerships with Wireless equipment manufacturers. Something to get the word out about the CWNP program. Still find myself explaining what it is, even to people within the industry. How about Cisco finally realizing they don't own the Wireless market like they do the Router market and giving up on their WLANFE/SE fiasco and fully backing the CWNP program.
  • kevinatorkevinator Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ...and the color of the sky in YOUR world is...? :) Yes, that would be very nice, but for everything there is a time and a season, so we shall patiently wait for that time. Meanwhile, we keep pluggin' along.

Announcement coming Tuesday March 2. Only 5 more days!

HINT: dust off your favorite WLAN protocol analyzer software

Kevin
    pmalaise wrote:
    How about Cisco finally realizing they don't own the Wireless market like they do the Router market and giving up on their WLANFE/SE fiasco and fully backing the CWNP program.
    When did this happen? The WLANFE seems to be alive and well on Cisco's web site (http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/testing/current_exams/9E0-581.html).

I don't see a press release to the contrary.
    Nah, that was just a thought mine, no statement of fact. I actually just finished a WLANFE course offered by www.giga-wave.com , and thought it quite good (especially the hands on site survey part) but the depth of knowledge was much less than CWNA. Before you ask, the reason I took it was for the practical Site Survey portion. They took you through actually doing a Site Survey, which we did in a 33 floor hotel and convention center. Check them out, it's the CAWS course.

I just noticed on the www.cwne.com site that the CWNI (network integrator) certification is no longer listed, but is replaced by a CWAP (Analysis Professional). According to the site "The CWAP certified individual will be able to confidently analyze and troubleshoot any wireless LAN system using any of the market leading software and hardware analysis tools."...... very interesting : )