Options

Passed!

qs1posqs1pos Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed with a 799. I would say the Sims are not as much of a problem as I expected them to be. I got a few questions that I just stared blankly at for a few minutes and caused me some problems. If I had to stress 3 topics that I feel merit extra study they would be 1. Permissions, 2. Backup 3. Terminal Services. Thanks to all the folks in this forum, reading the posts in here helped out alot.
"If you will it Dude, it is no dream."

Comments

• Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    Congrats!

I find that permissions and terminal services are such a pain to deal with.

I didn't have much problems with backup because I drilled on it a lot before the exam.
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Congrats!

Thanks for the pointers, I am taking this one in 3 weeks.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What would you say the best way to practice for the backup's section are?

I don't have a tape drive to build a pool and what not, should I check ebay? Is their an alternative way you took?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Daniel333 wrote:
    I don't have a tape drive to build a pool and what not, should I check ebay? Is their an alternative way you took?

That would be absolute overkill. You can do a majority of the backup procedures directly to your hard drive, and you can easily learn the other material just by reading the book and browsing a few online tutorials.
  • Options
    qs1posqs1pos Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Daniel333 wrote:

That would be absolute overkill.

I Agree that setting up a tape lab would overkill. The main thing is to know backup types, and what each will back up and their limitations. Under the backup section of study I would also include shadow copys, and what specifically is backed up when the system state is backed up.
    "If you will it Dude, it is no dream."
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote:
    What would you say the best way to practice for the backup's section are?

You might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone there. If you need a backup solution at your home then you can buy a tape drive and tapes to backup your personal data on. You will learn about tape rotation and setting up backup jobs. I don't think thats a bad idea if you can use it for your own personal use.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!